Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

remodel

I am considering using RV Doctor in Las Vegas for some major renovations to the interior of my RV. Want to remove carpet and replace with wood; remove passenger side couch and have a computer station with a buffet style compartment and a swivel chair/recliner installed, new MCD blinds installed throughout, and other miscellaneous projects completed. Has anyone had any experience with this company? Had my son tour the facility and he was impressed; we will travel through there on our way back to Utah and get estimates. Would appreciate any feedback.
JBroadaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Might want to read the reviews first... Las Vegas RV Doctor
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Just read the reviews - not good. Went to RV Service Review and found nothing.

I've been looking for a similar service and found Affordable RV and thought I would use them for a more routine matter. I called and was promised a call back but it never came. Doesn't mean that their remodeling wouldn't be good so I may check them out next year when I return to LV.

If you find a good option, please let us know.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Remodel

Thanks for the info from both of you. I have researched RV doctor further and have decided NOT to take my motor home there. I am still searching so any suggestions will be appreciated. I am not opposed to traveling long distance if I feel I will get someone who will do the work the way I want it done.
JBroadaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Two suggestions:

Precision RV in Bremen, IN. They do exterior painting interior remodeling. Never been there but heard good things about them.

One I can vouch for is Star City Coach Works in Vinton, VA. They built their reputation on doing custom, high-dollar coaches for big name music stars and other high rollers. However, the economy has changed a lot of that and they are now doing general repair/remodel on RV's of any kind. I've seen their interior work and it is very nice. They can do custom cabinet work, window treatments and most anything you can dream up for an RV. I plan to use them to replace my Norcold fridge with a residential unit.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I have heard good things about going to the MCD factory in Texas for the install. These look interesting, Truline RV, Countryside RV in the northwest.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

You might give 3-T's RV in Lake Havasu a call. They might not do remodelling, but might be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have no experience (yet) but have called & gotten estimates in the Houston area from RVMasters. Might want to check them out too...at least to compare pricing. We have an 08 sightseer winny & got a bid to replace carpet, recover valances & dinette including carpet & fabric for between 3500-5000. I realize that is a huge ballpark...but gave us something to go on. I sent in pics & will investigate further - including referrals when we get serious. We may also remove couch & get 2 recliners from big lots or somewhere & have it done when they rip out old carpet.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Long View Post
Might want to read the reviews first... Las Vegas RV Doctor
Just read....wow
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remodel