Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2016, 02:39 AM   #41
Winnie-Wise

Latest update

The temporary fix with re-tapped bolts on the face of the slide ram worked very well on a trip up and through the north Georgia mountains over the past few days.

Even better news the refrigerator held in place well in spite of some intense turning maneuvers on winding mountain roads.

While at our destination, the dealer called and advised the new replacement slide ram had arrived at their place. Since we could pass by there on our way home we modified our trip so we could swing by and allow them to make the replacement installation.

Like Bill (Duner), the techs at the dealership also wondered if the re-tapped bolt repair they had made for the temporary fix might actually have been stronger than the new ram replacement with the original threaded holes. I guess time will tell.

The new assembly did well on the 150 mile trek home (slide did not creep out) and it appeared to be working fine when I extended it in the driveway at the house. The bolts seemed to be solid and holding in place. Fingers crossed!
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:45 AM   #42
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobder41 View Post
Americanrasc glad to see your making progress. I'm driving mine 300 miles to the dealers this weekend for the sixth time. They are trying their 5th attempt on a water leak over the wife's seat, replace the water heater and cabinet that it is mounted in and several other minor issues.
I hope you have better luck then I have had with my unit. I have owned it 11 months and 7 of them the unit has been at the dealership.
Still having my leak problems here Bob . In fact they seem to be a bit worse after driving through that heavy rain in the mountains yesterday. I do think I am getting closer to isolating it though. The area seems to be well forward, high and to the far right near the windshield on the passenger side. I am leaning towards it being one of the two marker lights on the passenger side as it seems higher that the windshield. I'm going to take a look at that area today and see what I can see.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #43
SUBGUY

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q

Not an isolated incident. This past Fri 6 May I was making a left turn and guess what my refrigerator falls out of its spot. Also TV antenna fell off, storage compartments leak,bedroom slide leaking from the floor. Jacks creep. Infotainment center- check antenna, hands free mic doesn't work. Outside TV resolution cuts in and out. Numerous screws falling out. So far slides appear to be working ok. I have put about 1500 miles on it.
hartleysb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:11 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
any damage?
Old 05-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #45

Un-freaken-believable!

That's it! I won't be going through anymore Winnebago's at the RV shows. Not with a quality control track record like that.

Sure makes me glad that I have an older proven Monaco.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:18 AM   #46
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
guess that's the result of getting them built and do the dealer asap
Old 05-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #47
Winnebago Master

Check the OP's profile - he lists himself as having a Fleetwood Bounder 36S. A new member with 5 posts so likely got into the wrong Owner's forum. Shows however that build quality issues go beyond Winnebago. Richard - you can still look at Winnebagos but skip the Fleetwood's!
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
Check the OP's profile - he lists himself as having a Fleetwood Bounder 36S. A new member with 5 posts so likely got into the wrong Owner's forum. Shows however that build quality issues go beyond Winnebago. Richard - you can still look at Winnebagos but skip the Fleetwood's!
Well Bob it just shows us you didn't read the OP's first post. In the first sentence he talks about his 2016 Adventurer.
So other than just wanting to bash Fleetwood what do you bring to this conversation?
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #49
Winnebago Master

Wildebill
My references were to the post from "hartleysb" three above mine and the posts following that one regarding his experience with a similar failure / multiple other problems with his new coach. If you check his profile, you will find his is a Fleetwood Bounder. There was no bashing of Fleetwood - just an identification that the coach mentioned in the posts immediately above mine was not a Winnebago.
I'm sure if you were to read the posts above mine, my remarks will be in context. You will also find an earlier post I made and am well aware that the thread started with a major Winnebago problem. Sorry you didn't read the whole page and took my remarks out of context. It is also unfortunate that "hartleysb" didn't identify that his coach was SOB when posting in the Winnebago Owners forum as the other posters made the assumption that it was. Hope you haven't had similar problems with your Fleetwood. Hope you are clear now on what I brought to this conversation.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #50
Winnie-Wise

Bobmac,
I think your use of the term OP muddled it. OP means Opening Poster, ie the person who wrote post #1 in this thread.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:26 PM   #51
Winnebago Camper

It makes me want to run out and buy a new rig. NOT!
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:42 AM   #52
Winnebago Owner

Is this peculiar to one specific manufacturer. MH is lined on the inside with cheap luan plywood and then all the interior fittings, furniture and accessories are fixed by screwing them on to the luan. Any screws that happen to go in to a steel framing member is a bonus.
Adhesive must add too much to the cost.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:09 AM   #53
SUBGUY

Guess I didn't change my profile sorry about that. I traded my Bounder in for the Suncruiser. Only damage was to the wall and trim when it fell.
hartleysb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #54
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
Wildebill
My references were to the post from "hartleysb" three above mine and the posts following that one regarding his experience with a similar failure / multiple other problems with his new coach. If you check his profile, you will find his is a Fleetwood Bounder. There was no bashing of Fleetwood - just an identification that the coach mentioned in the posts immediately above mine was not a Winnebago.
I'm sure if you were to read the posts above mine, my remarks will be in context. You will also find an earlier post I made and am well aware that the thread started with a major Winnebago problem. Sorry you didn't read the whole page and took my remarks out of context. It is also unfortunate that "hartleysb" didn't identify that his coach was SOB when posting in the Winnebago Owners forum as the other posters made the assumption that it was. Hope you haven't had similar problems with your Fleetwood. Hope you are clear now on what I brought to this conversation.
I want to explain that when you say" Check the OP's profile" you are referring to the original poster or opening post. You are not referring to some post several post above you. If you had posted "It is also unfortunate that "hartleysb" didn't identify that his coach was SOB" you would have reduced the confusion.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:31 AM   #55
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
I want to explain that when you say" Check the OP's profile" you are referring to the original poster or opening post. You are not referring to some post several post above you. If you had posted "It is also unfortunate that "hartleysb" didn't identify that his coach was SOB" you would have reduced the confusion.
Bill
x2!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #56
Winnebago Master

Wildebill

My bad - always thought "OP" was "other person". Looks like it actually was a Suncruiser so another Winnebago failure. Dr4Film can eliminate looking at Winnebagos! Agree market demand has resulted in poorer manufacturing quality. Sad that manufacturers have not done a better job of improving quality out the door.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #57
Winnie-Wise

So sad

When I went through my little disaster on my 2016 38Q Adventurer, the whole fridge fell hard enough it totaled it out- wrecking the inside freezer rack system and crashing into the microwave damaging it.

It took out a bunch or woodwork that had to be replaced- that took the longest to get replaced as it had to be milled.

The outcome was that in the manufacturing of the unit there is an anchor strap behind the wall paneling that must be caught with the anchor screws when the fridge is installed. Apparently on mine they installed the anchors but missed the strap. So it appears there is a very close measurement that has to be made for installers to hit the anchor strap during installation - or- the strap is not properly aligning to the required location when it is installed in the wall.

I hope that everyone with this type of residential fridge set up can find some way to test to see if theirs is properly anchored to the strap. It is terrifying to hear then see what happens when they fall out and over. Just glad no one was in that area of the kitchen when it happened.

Winnebago came through with what now seems like a good repair on that issue-- but it is still very disappointing.

My list of flaws on this unit is literally endless. But we're trying to find a away to love it. Last week the air pump on the king size bed failed and had to be replaced. Tonight 2 (OR MORE) freeze plugs on the Ford engine are leaking.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:38 PM   #58
Winnebago Owner

My first reply to this thread was number 3, because we had just picked up our new 2016 Adventurer 38Q.

My first thought was I really feel bad for that guy but better him than me. Well guess what, I guess what goes around comes around.

Today as we were making a LEFT turn into the parking area at the FMCA Rally in W Springfield, Mass. I too heard the crash heard "ROUND THE WORLD" with the exact same results!

I guess Winnebago won't be able to use that phrase "never seen that happen before" ever again. Once we leave here on Sunday I have to figure a way to keep the fridge from falling every time I make a left turn, I'm only about 550 miles from home, and another 800 miles from my dealer Litchsinn RV in Forrest City, Iowa.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593 & WIT 170814
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #59

Never Say Never!

Well, that is a pretty lousy track record to have three posters to this thread have their fridge in their Winnebago fall out of its opening.

Sure sounds like Winnebago needs to file a recall just to have the dealers check ALL of their RV's to make sure they are securely fastened in and won't kill someone while walking by to the bathroom.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, refrigerator