Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

As the title of the note says, the reflector on rear of our coach turned white Has this happened to anyone else If so, did you replace it and what is the Winnebago part number I searched the parts catalogue and it shows the reflector on the drawing but not a part number
Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

As the title of the note says, the reflector on rear of our coach turned white Has this happened to anyone else If so, did you replace it and what is the Winnebago part number I searched the parts catalogue and it shows the reflector on the drawing but not a part number
Old 02-06-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

If you are talking about the high-mounted brake light in the middle of the coach, I replaced mine after the first year. It had faded and it stopped working. For some reason all of them lose the red in the lens. I went to a truck stop and found one that was just a little larger and had lcd lights. Pulled out the old one and connected the wires to the new one and all is well now. Cost was about six dollors if I recall correctly.

BTW I was sitting at Lazy Days campground (I bought the rig there the year before) and could not get service to even look at it. Service said come back in three months. I was not a happy camper at that time.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsr71:
As the title of the note says, the reflector on rear of our coach turned white Has this happened to anyone else If so, did you replace it and what is the Winnebago part number I searched the parts catalogue and it shows the reflector on the drawing but not a part number </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found the part number As RV_Boy stated, it's a brake light. Part number 136917-01-000

Thanks RV_Boy...
Old 02-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the reflector on rear of our coach turned white </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, that is somewhat normal. HOWEVER, I believe if you stand behind the rig while someone else stands on the brake pedal, you will find that the lights/lcd's inside still shine a very bright red!! As far as I'm concerned, it's just a cosmetic issue that most people never notice.

When I took mine off to inspect it, I found it appeared to be a sealed unit.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Must be the same light as on our Jayco Class C. It turned white within a year
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem with mine. After seeing what they cost and knowing that it would do the same thing. I took mine off and got a razo blade and scrapped on it till the white was gone,and took some 1000 sand paper to it and got it smooth down and sprayed it with automotive clear. It looked like new. It's been two years and I mite do it again. While the coach is home the sun shines on it most of the day
Randy Chesnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

My high mount brake light did the same thing right after we got the coach in 2005. Although the red LED's still were visible thru the cover, I replaced it with one I ordered from Winnebagoparts.com (mobility RV). The replacement light has held up well.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I replaced it with one I ordered from Winnebagoparts.com (mobility RV). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
smlranger

Do you recall what the replacment cost was?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

I don't want to start anything like I did on the "sad" thread but I just went out and looked at mine and the lens is blood red. Am I missing something here?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">looked at mine and the lens is blood red </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Congrats! You got one of the good ones ...seems the vendor from about 2002 on provided a bunch not as well made as yours!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFChap:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I replaced it with one I ordered from Winnebagoparts.com (mobility RV). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
smlranger

Do you recall what the replacment cost was? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Twenty-five smackers...LICHTSINN MOTORS
Old 02-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFChap:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">looked at mine and the lens is blood red </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Congrats! You got one of the good ones ...seems the vendor from about 2002 on provided a bunch not as well made as yours! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Once in a while, older is better!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

smlranger

Do you recall what the replacment cost was? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it was $17 or so plus shipping. I found the manufacturer's name on the light, called them for a replacment, but the price at mobility RV was less if I remember correctly.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I have the same problem. I wonder if the polish that is used on clear plastic headlight lens would polish up the stop light lens?? I had a Grand Cherokee that had dull plastic lens on the headlights and the polish removed the dull white and made the lens clear again.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:46 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Oh-One: Yes it will. I had a graying effect on my center brake light after a couple of years setting outside. I used the finest grade rubbing compound I could find. It worked just great, brought back the original luster. I waxed it with real carnuba, and now keep it covered while in storage. Looks like new.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Homer, I think I still have some of the paste and will give it a try. Thank Sam
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote