Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-14-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Recommendation for RCI off I-75 in Warner Robbins, GA

This is a recommendation for a good service center. My wife and I are not employees for them, as we are retired. We are enticed to post this recommendation only by the great work they did for us twice so far.

We have a 2018 Winnebago Forza and were on a trip to Perry GA for a Freightliner FCOC Rally and then attend Camp Freightliner training. Our hot water stopped flowing and we were just at the beginning of a planned six week loop to PA and back to Florida. One of the folks at our rally were from the Perry, GA area and suggested we contact RCI. So we did. They got us scheduled quickly and repaired our coach while we waited in their lounge. They replaced the hot water check valve, but also started what was a bigger repair on the bed frame that was broken by the hinge and the gas spring mount. That required taking the bed frame apart and structurally replacing and rebuilding one of the bed frame sides. This was a repair that we never would have been able to have done where we bought the RV, as for warranty work, they operate more as parts replacers, not rebuilders.

So who is RCI? Well they are not an RV dealership. They do not buy or sell RVs. Their focus is on repairing. They have an auto collision shop on one side of the street and a brand new construction RV and bus repair across the street. They can do collision repair, mechanical repairs to the coach, and my guess is that they could fix anything with an RV. Although they told me that they do not rebuild engines, transmissions or chassis type mechanical work. They have all new equipment, a huge paint booth, modern paint mixing and collision repair tools and friendly skilled employees. They are also approved for warranty coverage work for Tiffin, Winnebago, Forest River/Coachman and Grand Design.

We were so impressed with their skills and work results that we set up an appointment for a return visit for some additional warranty repairs on our return home from PA. And note that we went over a hundred miles out of our way to do that. It was a no brain-er for us. One of the items on our new coach "punch list" was a bathroom door that was sticking on the bottom of the door and frame. The service department, where we bought the coach, has tried to fix the sticking door twice so far and without success. The Service Manager told me after their second "repair" that see, it closed without sticking. I guess it was my problem as I then moved the coach... RCI removed the door, reworking the door frame, and then remounting the door. It will never stick again! The also resealed one of the basement compartments.

I wish they were closer to where we live. But for sure we will go back to them for any work the future might require. We have never had a service experience anywhere close to our two experiences with RCI.
alschuetz is offline   Reply With Quote