Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 1999 Winnebago Brave, the rear wall has water damage on inside of camper and looks like plywood is delaminating and is soft and puffy.Any one know of a instruction manual on this, want to repair myself
Old 04-15-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 1999 Winnebago Brave, the rear wall has water damage on inside of camper and looks like plywood is delaminating and is soft and puffy.Any one know of a instruction manual on this, want to repair myself
Old 04-15-2008, 06:03 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Jim,
I don't know that there would be an "instruction manual" on the wall construction. I believe it is worth calling Winnebago Customer Service.

Service Administration-... 1-800-537-1885
For information about your current Winnebago
Industries motor home, service or dealer inquiries.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for reply, I will call service,just trying to find out what I'm getting in to. Thanks Jim
Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I have the same problem with driver's side wall on a 1999 Brave. I had it into the factory at Forest City this morning. My inside wall isn't soft, but along several edges the fiberglass has pulled away from the foam. They said the wall would have to be replaced at a cost of $14,000 and 8 days. I will also be doing this myself. I asked the technician what adhesive they used and he said it was 3M. He said they pull the fiberglass away from the foam, dry it out, apply the adhesive with a stick and then apply pressure while it sets. I was busy paying for work and talking to him at the same time so am not sure what 3M adhesive he said they used, but I think he said 315. Calling Technical Service and asking should confirm or give you the correct adhesive.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I had a rear wall on our 2000 Adventurer replaced at Forest City following an oopsie with a post that just jumped out and ripped a tail light bezel off. The cost was about $7,000. Fortunately it was insured. Winnebago did a nice job of matching interior paneling.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley View Post
I have the same problem with driver's side wall on a 1999 Brave. I had it into the factory at Forest City this morning. My inside wall isn't soft, but along several edges the fiberglass has pulled away from the foam. They said the wall would have to be replaced at a cost of $14,000 and 8 days. I will also be doing this myself. I asked the technician what adhesive they used and he said it was 3M. He said they pull the fiberglass away from the foam, dry it out, apply the adhesive with a stick and then apply pressure while it sets. I was busy paying for work and talking to him at the same time so am not sure what 3M adhesive he said they used, but I think he said 315. Calling Technical Service and asking should confirm or give you the correct adhesive.
Hi John,
Yours is an older post, but I would sure like to know how your repair came out. I'm faced with a similar problem, only my rear wall has shifted toward the driver side, pushing the back end of the driver side wall out beyond the retainer molding that covers the side/rear wall joint. It started after about 650 miles of a trip we took in August/September 2010. I have read the huge RV shop estimates, that tell me I'm looking at probably the same cost as my 5R! So I want to attempt the repair myself. If you see this message, please respond or give me a PM at my email : [email protected]
Thank you so much, Bill
elkhair is offline   Reply With Quote