Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Because of this thread, we rechecked ours. I knew the engine cover hinges were a little loose from a previous time when I lifted it and noted there was too much play and since we were headed to the factory and GNR I thought we might add that to the list. I opened the engine cover and the vent section in the middle fell on me and then into the radiator.

Luckily I did this only one driving day form the factory and the vent grill was able to ride in the back of our toad.

The guys at Winnebago didn't seem at all surprised. (Great crew there by the way.) I asked if it was covered under the 3 year structural warranty.... Not !
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeffrey View Post
Because of this thread, we rechecked ours. I knew the engine cover hinges were a little loose from a previous time when I lifted it and noted there was too much play and since we were headed to the factory and GNR I thought we might add that to the list. I opened the engine cover and the vent section in the middle fell on me and then into the radiator.

Luckily I did this only one driving day form the factory and the vent grill was able to ride in the back of our toad.

The guys at Winnebago didn't seem at all surprised. (Great crew there by the way.) I asked if it was covered under the 3 year structural warranty.... Not !