Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Rear Furnace

Have little or no air coming thru the vents in either bath.
The one with the sink or the stool. (split bath)
Does any one know where the tubes split off.
There is a significant amount coming from both vents from under the bed. is it under the king bed? Nothing in the manuals that
i can find.
See signature !
Old 12-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have not notices a problem with mine. I just have not made myself aware.

If your layout is like mine, the furnace is under the closet floor. The heater tubes route under the bed. Access to them is not a big deal. If you have storage under the bed you also have pistons to hold it up. Remove some screws from the floor and remove the panel. All of the tubes should be in there. I don't know if there are dampers on them or not but I am certain that they can be added with a little work.

Hope this helps.

Rick
Old 12-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Bat Heat

poppopc, See if this helps. There is a tee that feeds the drivers side bath and then a small hose from the duct in the floor for the passenger side bath.
I am waiting on a reply from my friend at Winnebago about the floor duct that I assume is there.
The attached drawing shows the hoses but not the floor duct.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13 40U Furance.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	51845  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

In owning 3 W's, I have never had much luck with heat air flow in the baths or any area that is fed by the round flex duct. It seems the floor vents get most of the attention then the round ducts get the remainder. JMO!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
poppopc, See if this helps. There is a tee that feeds the drivers side bath and then a small hose from the duct in the floor for the passenger side bath.
I am waiting on a reply from my friend at Winnebago about the floor duct that I assume is there.
The attached drawing shows the hoses but not the floor duct.
The 40U does not have a floor vent. The drivers bath/stool rom has a
Vent coming out from under the cabinet.
The bath/shower comes from under the shower.
Thanks for the drawing. Just looking for info.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
The 40U does not have a floor vent. The drivers bath/stool rom has a Vent coming out from under the cabinet. The bath/shower comes from under the shower. Thanks for the drawing. Just looking for info.

We have the Itasca Meridian 40U and have the same problem with the vents in shower/bathroom. We asked the dealer (CW) and their answer was that if they made the hoses to those vents any larger it would take away from the other vents in the rest of the coach. Needless to say DH thought that made no sense at all. Obviously quality control missed the mark.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I have the same problem with the shower room. I tried blocking the vent under the bed but it didn't help much.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

poppopc, got the drawing and info from my friend at Winnebago. The upper chassis longitudinal 3”x 3” tube is utilize as a heat plenum. One of the flexible duct from the rear furnace feeds the tubes which feeds the shower area, water pump and water tank bays.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
poppopc, got the drawing and info from my friend at Winnebago. The upper chassis longitudinal 3”x 3” tube is utilize as a heat plenum. One of the flexible duct from the rear furnace feeds the tubes which feeds the shower area, water pump and water tank bays.
What I am observing is that the toilet room gets warm air but the shower room gets cool air. I think that the distance from the furnace to the shower stall is so far from the furnace, and the area around the flex is so cold, that the heat is gone before it gets to the shower room. Because of this discussion I have made it a point to observe. I have a good flow of air in both places.

Tags
furnace