Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Rain water getting into FBS2100 trailer

Can't quite figure it out. I've pulled out old caulk in all bad looking joints while winterizing this fall. Thought that I'd nailed it. Then, we received 4" of rain. I found water on top of the sheet metal over my wheels (driver side). On this camper, that's under the right-hand sink bowl and under the range. Also, this wheel well butts to the ref space.

At first, I suspected a caulk joint over the wheel well trim. It looked loosened. But with that joint recaulked already, I've turned my attention to the side and the roof 'fridge vents. Roof vent and the sealants around it look okay. I did cover the 4 screws with small patches of Gorilla tape while I was there.

The side vent did have some water behind it on the plywood that supports the refridgerator. This vent is caulked well. So, how else can water get into this wall vent?

The camper is a 2014 Winnie (Remington) FBS2100.

Thanks for and consideration,
Dave
dj1100rt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water