Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2018, 05:59 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Do as I did, have someone help you with a bright flashlight from the inside and you look from the outside up under at the top seal all around
The rear duals kick the water up there and the crappy caulk job they do has voids in it
Pretty sad for a unit that cost almost 100k
cvcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:28 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Check the grounding buss bar

I have a 2013 HE26 and no compartment corrosion st all. There is a buss bar welded to the frame just behind the passenger side compartment behind the step. There are a number of wires attached to this ground. The buss bar itself is nothing more than a piece of iron welded to the frame. When instaling my inverter I removed these wires and coated them with grease. It was obvious that over time the corrosion of this buss bar would be inevitable. The bar is exposed to road rash and wheel spray in wet weather. If yours was like mine and if no maintenance steps were taken I bet dollars to doughnuts the bar is corroded. Clean it up and your problem should be resolved
Oldtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:40 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Leaky comparments

For the most part my leaks were limited to small holes or gapes. All I used was eve-trough spray sealer. Just like the stuff you see advertised on TV with the in a screen door bottomed boat. Fast and dirty.....each year I just check the outside of the compartments, if I think I have a potential leak I just give the area another shot spray sealer. Simple, easy and it works for me. Who cares what it looks like, you can’t see it.
Oldtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
Rossi was it the drivers side two door compartment ? Right below the slide and in front of the rear tires ??
My 2016 26he had a leak in the back of the back drivers side compartment when new. Took to the dealer for repair. Ended up being a leaking shower trap. They fixed it and dry ever since. Sounds like where your leak could be?
Terry
Dentkimterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Back of your back compartment ?? The big rear pass thru compartment ?
Then coming forward is the generator compartment, then the water/ sewer compartment, then I front of the duallies is a two door compartment
Old 10-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

The drivers side rear compartment just in front of the rear tires. Not the big rear compartment. The one kind of under the refrigerator.
Dentkimterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Yea I asked Winnebago IF it could be the shower and they said NO... the shower is over the rear wheel,,, maybe the 2016 is different
I took the kick panel off under the shower and it’s all dry back there

Tags
winnebago