Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
RNM
Winnebago Camper

Brand new Tour 40TD. First time I tried to start the front furnace, the blower starts but the furnace(heat) will not kick in, then after about one minute the blower kicks out and needs to be reset or turned on again Propane tank is full, rear furnace works and all other gas appliances work. Th[LIST]ought maybe it's something simple I can do before I take it back to the dealer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
RNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
RNM
Winnebago Camper

Brand new Tour 40TD. First time I tried to start the front furnace, the blower starts but the furnace(heat) will not kick in, then after about one minute the blower kicks out and needs to be reset or turned on again Propane tank is full, rear furnace works and all other gas appliances work. Th[LIST]ought maybe it's something simple I can do before I take it back to the dealer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Attempt to light it a couple of times. If has not been lit by the dealer, may not have propane to the gas valve yet.
zertrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Either the propane switch is not turned on or as zertrider noted it takes awhile for the propane to work its way up to the heater. Turn on the refrigerator and see if it runs on propane. (That also may take a few attempts). Let us know how you do.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We had the samething happen on our 2007 Meridian,so we had to take it back to the dealer.The wire to the ignitor was not connected.After the repair it has been working ok Good luck
DaveyD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
RNM
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the responses. I will try a few more times to see if it's a problem of the gas not getting there yet. DaveyD1... is a loose wire at the ignitor something I can find by removing the outside panel and connecting it without removing the furnace? I'll let you all know when I solve the problem
Old 06-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

RNM I looked at the access panel when we got the MH back and the panel had been removed ,so you shiuld be able to do so just remeber it has sealer on the back side Good luck and let me know how ti turns out DD1
DaveyD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

RNM - you mentioned that the unit is new. Please specify model year. Was unit sitting on lot or ordered for you from factory? Is front furnace a two stage model or one stage? I have a two stage but do not know what a Tour has.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 2004 Honda CR-V
NoMoreAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
RNM
Winnebago Camper

Answer to my problem. The front propane furnace would not ignite. I tried all the suggestions, however ended up having it corrected under warranty on my 2008 TOUR 40TD. Turned out to be a defective high limit switch. After a lot of work trying to access the switch the technician found that on the 40TD model you only need to remove a floor panel under the kitchen sink to get easy access to the switch without removing the furnace. He did not remove the furnace. Thanks for your responses. Hope this may be helpful for any future problems others may encounter.