Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Sorry for the duplicate update. I didn't see the first one and thought our flaky internet had dropped it so I wrote another.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Thanks for the update. Very well written. The part #27 is a pin coil and it looks like it screws out, maybe with an hex key or allen key. Getting that thing within 1/2" of coming out was pretty good. The thing that gets me is that someone took it apart at some point so it has to be possible to take it apart again.

It appears to me that if you can get part #27 out (and #22 off) and the two cotter pins and the pin clip hitch (#20 and #24) out then the motor assembly (#28) should slide to the left far enough to get the two bearing steps (#14 & #29) off of the shaft (if you have #23 off also).

The good thing is that you've got a great attitude about it!
You are correct, if I can get a tool to remove part 27 it won't come out with any punch I have, then I can do it as things stand. I don't even need to put it back on right away.

Funny thing about the rear slide motor. Part 22 is on the wrong end, opposite of the body plug for a wrench and completely useless where it is. But once I solve the first problem I'll be an expert at the second.
Old 11-13-2022, 06:03 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Jack placement?

I know it's been a while, but did you ever get your slide out fixed?
How exactly did you jack the slide out to relieve pressure on the roller and spur gear? I have broken teeth on the spur gear, have a replacement, but cannot get the old one out. Using a post jack I've tried jacking the slide out when it was all the way out and when it was half-way out - I couldn't get the pressure off the gear in order to pull the shaft.
DanR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, power gear, slide problems