Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
RNM
Winnebago Camper

I have a power door awning on a 2008 TOUR 40TD. A loud rattle developed at the top of the entry door and I traced it down to the door awning. I noticed that when it's retracted it doesn't fit snugly into the housing which caues the rattle. Any solutions or adjustment possible?
RNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
RNM
Winnebago Camper

I have a power door awning on a 2008 TOUR 40TD. A loud rattle developed at the top of the entry door and I traced it down to the door awning. I noticed that when it's retracted it doesn't fit snugly into the housing which caues the rattle. Any solutions or adjustment possible?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

RNM,

I would think that it is a warranty issue. Check with the dealer or Winnie before you monkey with it.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

RNM...there is an adjustment for the awning closing...extend the awning and look at the location where the arms attach to the outer plastic covering..Mark the current location and then move each arm left or right tighten and then test closed..you should be able to adjust it for a perfect close but can't guarantee the rattle will be gone...good luck...RKL
RKL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

My 2008 Itasca Ellipse has the same problem. It appears that the roller spindle on the right hand side has a lot of wobble to it and does not
tighten up. To stop the rattle I have used solid cell weatherstriping and will be taking it to my dealer next month. These awnings seem to be light duty and built as a show piece.

The bracket on the entry door that stops and locks the door in the open position also rattles. I have temporarily cured this with the same weatherstriping.
Applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
RNM
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to adjust it to fit a little tighter by adjusting the outer ends of the arms. However, the right side will not draw in as close as the other side when it's retracted. I will also put a thin strip of weather stripping along the top edge in hopes that it will stop the rattle.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

my awning on the entry door retracted and now it won't go back in? Can you do this manualy and has anyone seen this befor?

Thanks
lbuege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuege View Post
my awning on the entry door retracted and now it won't go back in? Can you do this manualy and has anyone seen this befor?

Thanks
Try pecking on the motor with the butt end of a screwdriver. Sometimes they stick and need a little encouragement.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I have a 2009 Journey with a Carefree Marquee OTD Awning (OTD=Over The Door). I suspect yours might also have the same awning. I have a copy of the service manual that I downloaded from the Carefree Customer support site. I have had two problems - the rotation pin dropped out -I had to reinstall and tighten. This is the pin that attaches the arm to the wall. Check to make sure the hex head screws holding it are tight.
The second was the awning not fully closing on one side as you are experiencing. This is easily corrected by adjusing the travel limit switch until it closes. Instructions are in the service manual and it will take longer to put the ladder up than fix it. Note you need a 4mm hex driver to adjust the setting.
You might also want to consider downloading the manuals for the other awnings on you coach in case you need them in th future. Have fun,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Dometic Power Awning

I have a 2009 Discovery with a Dometic power awning over the entrance door. The awning is sagging when extended from what I believe is the arms not fully extending. The arms always seem to stop at about a 120 degree angle. Any suggestions or is this the correct setting for the arms?
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote