Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We have a WeatherPro patio awning on our Winnebago Journey that quit working for no apparent reason a few days ago. The awning is in the stored position and when we press the button to extend it nothing happens. When we press the IN button the awning makes a noise so it seems as it has power.

The same problem goes for our power entry awning although this is completely dead.

Any ideas?

-----
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Sounds like a bad wind sensor. Bypass the sensor with the switch on the control box and see if it works then. Switch is on the side of the control box. I had the same problem. Had the sensor replaced under warrenty.

2004 Winnebago Adventure 37B
Charles99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We have a WeatherPro patio awning on our Winnebago Journey that quit working for no apparent reason a few days ago. The awning is in the stored position and when we press the button to extend it nothing happens. When we press the IN button the awning makes a noise so it seems as it has power. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try unplugging the connectors going to the controller for the awning. It is the black box located on the upper right side of the front passenger side storage compartment. I believe that there are two connectors going to it and the RJ-14 (phone) connector for the wind sensor. Wait about 5 seconds before plugging them back in again. This will reset the controller. If that does not work I would call Winnie as you probably have more serious problems. it took care of my problem.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

It might also be related to the interlocks, since when the engine is running the awnings will only go in, not out. Not sure where that is or how to check it, however.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I can back Chris on this one as I had the same issue when mine was a few days old. I poured through the drawings and found a floor mounted connector WAY under the driver's dash that needed reseating. It's a colossal pain to get to. You need a meter and a little patience.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Although my Weather Pro problem is a little different from earlier posts, consider it just an FYI.

After working normally one day, it suddenly quit working. Fuse in control box was OK, but control box was not getting power.

Had a Tech come out and look at it and he quickly found the ground wire in the control box had lost its ground. He ran a new ground wire and everything now works fine.

Glad he found it cause I would never have thought to check the continuity of the ground wire.
NavlAv8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

This sounds similar to the symptoms my patio awning displayed when it quit working. I took it in for repair and they found the motor was full of water. After replacing the motor it worked. They also drilled a drain hole in the bottom of the housing to let water escape.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

May be mistaken, but I believe the parking brake has to be set also...I know it does for the slides. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

ignition key still on???
Old 03-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

03 Corvette - - -

Not sure what you mean. There is still the original pink wire that goes to the ignition safety switch, which was not altered.

The awning appears to work as it should.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Yes, the parking brake has been set for some time since it is in storage. Still had no apparent power to control box until the ground was fixed.