Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
Many times customers believe they have a problem when a component doesn't operate the way a previous version did. There's also the perception of how a component should or shouldn't operate. An example might be an HD TV. While the television itself is HD capable it won't display in HD unless program is transmitted and received in HD. I've seen cases where the satellite dish or dome ordered by a customer isn't HD capable while the TV is. I've also seen situations where a customer believes because they have an HD system they think any program they watch should be in HD.

In these types of cases the equipment doesn't meet the expectations of the customer, but it does operate as designed. It presents the dealer or factory service center with a difficult situation. The customer isn't happy, but there's little or nothing the service department can correct.
I've seen the above time after time after time here on this forum and others and not necessarily with TV's. Been guilty of it myself too!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

It would be interesting to know which if any of those who claim "poor quality control" in this thread either bought their motorhomes new, or if used had it inspected by a qualified technician before purchasing it.

I asked the OP if he was the original owner, and to this date there has not been a response. Others site problems since "the second day of ownership" without revealing whether the unit was purchased new or used, or even how old the unit is. I find it interesting that neither of these posters mention the age of their motorhomes in either their posts or their signatures.

In both cases there also seems to be information missing as to where they were purchased. If they were both purchased from Winnebago dealers and are relatively new coaches I would agree that Winnebago might have some responsibility. However if they are older models that were purchased from a consignment lot or independent dealer used that's a different story.

The longer this thread goes on the more it sounds like there are trolls involved.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

I wonder if the number of problems has to do with how keen a persons eye is? Many times in all forums we see postings about 'pages' of issues. It seems like some of the folks who buy 300,000 - 400,000 units expect to get 1,000,000+ quality and materials, hand rubbed finishes and micrometer assembly.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:10 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I wish that the Japanese would get into the RV business. Build them in the USA like Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. with real quality control. The current manufacturers would be out of business faster than Chrysler can yell "Bail Me Out".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

BluePill,

That is a great thought. A Lexus motorhome!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:48 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

One recourse is that some states include motorhomes in their Lemon Laws, if they have to take it back they may take it a lot more seriously. I was talking to the owners of the company that makes Camp Inn teardrop trailers and noting their choices in materials and appliances, and his comment is that they Never want to have warranty issues, so the build to the highest standards. The first Camp Inn is still on the road, I have seen it at one of the TearJerkers gatherings.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, quality, winnebago