Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #61

I still don't understand Why when you pay over $15000.00 for a unit . Why not pay someone a couple 100. bucks to inspect It,,. Second On the last post about RUST. I Stated my feelings about the post It seemed to have a law suit written all over it. Then I asked WHY::. Maybe you don't get suspicious But I do. when it states. I NEED NAMES;; The next thing is a Suppino. ... I had a mafg; Co.. and some things are Better left a lone;; Happy Easter . To all my good friends ;;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #62
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
I still don't understand Why when you pay over $15000.00 for a unit. Why not pay someone a couple 100 bucks to inspect it.
Because some of us have been working on or around motor vehicles and/or mechanical devices most of our lives and know what is prone to failure or is a defective item. Some of us can replace or even improve on an obvious design error/problem. Not directed at you, but some of us know what a screwdriver is and even know what end to hold.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #63
Winnebago Watcher

Hi .. new here ..glad to see all the info and conversation on the stuff I need to learn ..my "Ark" is a 87 model and yes it has rusty bits ....and now 4 cans of rust buster later ..I ran out of spray lube !!..but this is an adventure for me ..terror for the wife ..nice to see such a ..umm friendly group ..
kenjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #64
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjh View Post
Hi .. new here ..glad to see all the info and conversation on the stuff I need to learn ..my "Ark" is a 87 model and yes it has rusty bits ....and now 4 cans of rust buster later ..I ran out of spray lube !!..but this is an adventure for me ..terror for the wife ..nice to see such a ..umm friendly group ..
This really is a friendly group, very informative and sometimes entertaining. This is the second thread I have read today on rust. I have been outside twice today looking around my windshield and asking my hubby where his creeper thing is. She may have alittle rust here and there but I love her!
Click image for larger version

Name:	157.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	20477
WhenIm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #65

I am really Supprised It took this long,,, I use my creeper every day To roll under The MOTORHOME I'm all under except my shoes stick out from under. Then I tell my wife I'm checking for rust (I just take my nap The creeper is nice and padded) after 30 minutes I am recharged My wife is happy, I say; no more rust.. ( You just have to check it Daily, with your creeper )))
Old 04-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #66
Winnebago Owner

Won't work for me. My parking spot is on 1-1/4" crushed rock.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #67
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
I am really Supprised It took this long,,, I use my creeper every day To roll under The MOTORHOME I'm all under except my shoes stick out from under. Then I tell my wife I'm checking for rust (I just take my nap The creeper is nice and padded) after 30 minutes I am recharged My wife is happy, I say; no more rust.. ( You just have to check it Daily, with your creeper )))
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....don't tell anyone, but that is the reason I go under there too. That sweet ride doesn't have a speck of rust. Tried the rug but that was to uncomfortable.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #68
Winnebago Master

Anybody want to see some rust? Well, here ya go. I purchased ours like this and proceeded to knock it all down and repaint. It was no big deal, about an hours work. The rest of the engine is somewhat better but, not as pretty as I'd like to see the CAT. The frame, sub-frame, and body mounts etc do have a bit of rust on them as this coach was a back east coach for the first part of its life. So far, nothing's fallen off yet. I've done some other touch-up here and there on pieces, compartments etc. ( the infamous compartment faces for Winne's). I'll just keep up with it. The rest of the coach is flawless.

FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #69
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Anybody want to see some rust? Well, here ya go. I purchased ours like this and proceeded to knock it all down and repaint. It was no big deal, about an hours work. The rest of the engine is somewhat better but, not as pretty as I'd like to see the CAT. The frame, sub-frame, and body mounts etc do have a bit of rust on them as this coach was a back east coach for the first part of its life. So far, nothing's fallen off yet. I've done some other touch-up here and there on pieces, compartments etc. ( the infamous compartment faces for Winne's). I'll just keep up with it. The rest of the coach is flawless.
Scott, that hot water tank restoration looks flawless Great job indeed.
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #70

Wow.. my '89 gasser/s underside looks new ..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #71

Interesting. Looks good. maybe I should start useing My 3 inch foam pad again; Rust is like work, It don't bother me . I can lay down right be side it and go to sleep;;; Actuley It is the same with exercizing; When I get the desire to exercise, I just lay down and take a nap , then the earch goes away;; Life is so good;;
Old 04-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #72
Winnebago Camper

You did an excellent job.

Quote:

Old 04-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #73
Winnebago Master

Quote:

Scott, nice work! I did some rust work on my coach this winter as well. Your work looks great!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #74

Nice post;;; Strieght forword, No running down; And the best part of the post. was IT only took a cupple of hours ;;; and new it looks like NEW.. Maybe just maybe , we can all learn something.. Thanks. For the complete post.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #75
Winnebago Master

Gang,
Thank you very much for your nice comments. It was a bit of work but then, like the old saying, "anything worth doing, is worth doing well". That oil pan took me about two hours, start to finish, including repaint. I need to get pics of the finished pan in here for you boys to see. The water heater compartment also took me about two hours because I was goofing around with my little sand blaster and that's why those small parts turned out so nice. Of course I made a mess of my drive way with glass beads all over the place. Talk about SERIOUSLY SLIPPERY, WOW!!!!!

It's like walking on a gazillion tiny ball bearings. Anyway, some bead blasting, some sanding with some 180, 220 and 320 sand paper and, finally some semi-flat black paint. I'm not sure it looked that good when it was new. Now, I've got to start attacking the infamous compartment faces, the ones behind the compartment doors.

The two rigs we really liked in our search for our next motor home were basically "sister ships". That is they were identical. A tad difference in color but, basically the exact same rig. This included the same rust, on the same compartment faces for almost the entire rigs. Hmmmmmm

Oh well, that's what labor and paint are for. Thanks again.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote