Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Peeling Decals Winnebago

I have a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U and the decals are in horrible shape. Can anyone advise where to find the cheapeast replacements? I've looked into an auto detailer for the stripes. I'm not sure if original decals are better made than what is available now.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I have a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U and the decals are in horrible shape. Can anyone advise where to find the cheapeast replacements? I've looked into an auto detailer for the stripes. I'm not sure if original decals are better made than what is available now.
I would contact these people. They are located about 1 mine from the Winnebago plant in Iowa. Service is quick and the parts people are AAA.
Winnebago, Itasca, Era New - Used Motorhomes for Sale, Iowa RV Dealer - Lichtsinn Motors

Here is another one in Iowa.
Winnebago Parts - Parts for all Winnebago motorhome makes, models, and years, including Itasca, Rialta, Eurovan - Specializing in the Renault based Winnebago LeSharo, Phasar, and Centauri Motorhomes
Old 09-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago decals

Contact the fine folks at Mobility RV, it is my understanding that they buy all remaining decal kits from Winnebage at the end of the model year. I have found them to be very helpful and reasonably priced. You might even download their huge catalog which has almost anything you might need to repair your MH
Catcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I seriously doubt you're going to find OEM replacement decals regardless of price. We had our 2001 Adventurer in for service at the Forest City service center in July and one of the things onour list to repair were the torn decals around the drivers and passengers side windows. They were unable to replace the decals because they were no longer available. Instead they removed the original damaged decals and painted the body in the same colors and configuration.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
I seriously doubt you're going to find OEM replacement decals regardless of price. We had our 2001 Adventurer in for service at the Forest City service center in July and one of the things onour list to repair were the torn decals around the drivers and passengers side windows. They were unable to replace the decals because they were no longer available. Instead they removed the original damaged decals and painted the body in the same colors and configuration.
We always told our customers to go back with paint. Most times it is cheaper and is always better.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcoach View Post
Contact the fine folks at Mobility RV, it is my understanding that they buy all remaining decal kits from Winnebage at the end of the model year. I have found them to be very helpful and reasonably priced. You might even download their huge catalog which has almost anything you might need to repair your MH

Winnebago Parts - Decals for Winnebago and Itasca Motorhomes
Old 09-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler
We always told our customers to go back with paint. Most times it is cheaper and is always better.
This is true. The prior owner of or 02 Itasca said the decals looked so bad that painting it was the best option. It turned out great and the MH actually looks newer.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all for your advise as always.

I love this Forum!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have two decals on one side of my 2007 35' Itasca that are in terrible shape after only 5 years. Judging from the comments on this thread, painting is the best replacement method. Can anybody recommend a company in the Mesa, Az. area for this type of repair?
Knightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Mine aren't in such great shape either, faded and starting to peel, but not ready to go major replacement or paint. Is there a product that will at least clean them up?
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Mine aren't in such great shape either, faded and starting to peel, but not ready to go major replacement or paint. Is there a product that will at least clean them up?
I doubt it. The paint is fading off the adhesive backing. When We had ours repainted earlier this summer I asked the factory service dept why they preferred paint over just replacing the decals. The response was they only make enough decals for the model year run and a sufficient supply for replacements during the warranty period and a few years afterward. He didn't elaborate on how long they kept them in stock but did say that all the spares currently on the market came from the same production run.

Essentially any decals now available for our coach were produced during 2001 or shortly afterward. We would have been replacing our current decals with ones that had been on the shelf for over 10 years. Seeing what has happened to the adhesive on ours during that time period it didn't seem prudent to replace them with ones equally as old.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly View Post
I have two decals on one side of my 2007 35' Itasca that are in terrible shape after only 5 years. Judging from the comments on this thread, painting is the best replacement method. Can anybody recommend a company in the Mesa, Az. area for this type of repair?
Knightly
I had the stripes replaced on our 2002 Brave last year at

RV Stripes & Graphics
10849 E Apache Tr
Mesa, AZ

Ph# 480-984-7939
877-902-5161

They did an outstanding job on the MH. We kept the same design but changed the color scheme, the MH looks better now than it did when new.
Since you are in the Mesa area if I were you I would go and talk to them.

Tom
Old 11-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I just purchase all the decals for my 2003 Sightseer from www.winnebago.com. Brand new and ready to put on. You can find instructions on how to apply on line. I will let you all know how I come out after I strip off the old decals.....going to do a section at a time, don't want to stress myself out. lol
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

I hope you bought them from a place other than where your link leads. The link goes to an educational software company. The company you bought them from is probably www.winnebagoparts.com a division of the the company in Hanlontown IA that buys all the Winnebago Industries old stock.

They are not associated with Winnebago Industries but rather an independent business known as Mobility RV.
Here's a quote from their website.
www.WinnebagoParts.com is a subsidiary of Mobility R.V., Inc., P.O. Box 85, Hanlontown, Iowa 50444. We are an independently owned and operated Iowa small business and are NOT owned by Winnebago Industries.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

I just traded my 2000 Adventurer 35U for a rig with a full body paint job. Much happier
Old 11-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Thats is where I purchased them and they are the correct Decals, new and ready to put on....
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMFEN View Post
Knightly
I had the stripes replaced on our 2002 Brave last year at

RV Stripes & Graphics
10849 E Apache Tr
Mesa, AZ

Ph# 480-984-7939
877-902-5161

They did an outstanding job on the MH. We kept the same design but changed the color scheme, the MH looks better now than it did when new.
Since you are in the Mesa area if I were you I would go and talk to them.

Tom
Tom,

Thanks for the lead. I will follow up when I get to Mesa, Az. next week.

Knightly
2007 Itasca 35', W24.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

RV Stripes and Graphics

Knightly, here is another recommendation for RV Stripes and Graphics in Mesa/Apache Junction.
When we purchased our used Winnebago, the previous owners had a huge decal of a red racing car on the very back. We hated it but lived with it for a couple of years, knowing that if we managed to peel it off, we would have a problem with the paint underneath being a different colour due to sun.
Well, this company was great, even suggesting that we could save money by removing it ourselves and even gave us instructions.
Then we picked out several photos that we had and they superimposed them onto a photo of the back of our motorhome so we could pick out the one that looked best.
Their prices were very good and we are very happy with the job they did for us.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Bigenna,

Thanks for the info. It sounds like this company is doing everything right. I appreciate the feedback from you and Tom.

Knightly.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

My coach sits in the sun on the left side, murder on decals. One of them finally got really cracked and awful looking so I removed it. They are a biatch to get off - heat gun and then laquer thinner. Boy, you can really see where it was, nice and shiny underneath.

I masked it off and sprayed with automotive acrylic and it turned out great. Will probably do the others at some point, but at least I got rid of the really bad one and then buffed out the whole side - looks great.

If you want to put decals back on you can have them made and precut for you by a bus wrap company. Computer generated graphics, they print on 3M vinyl, same as they use for the transit buses, which carries a 5 year warranty on vertical surfaces. Not cheap but originals may not be available and if they are could be stupid expensive. Just another possible solution.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago