Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

Parts From Lichtsinn Motors

I just wanted to report that after having called Dave in the parts room at Lichtsinn on Monday, that I had the 8801-01-000 Relay that I ordered by Thursday via Priority Mail. I believe that the price was right and the shipping was reasonable considering that Dave had the part on the shelf and that he shipped it on the same day that I ordered the part.

The same part obtained locally was about $10.00 more but he would have had to order it.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I've always had good experience with Lichsinn and recommend them. They respond quickly, follow up on emails and phone calls, and their pricing isn't too bad when you think about just how many places stock these kinds of parts.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

If every Bago dealer was as good and efficient as Ron Lichtsinn and his company, Winnie would own the RV world. IMHO
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Same here....great service from the parts guys at Lichtsinn. Always knowledgeable and always helpful.

If we ever find ourselves in a position to get a new coach, we will beat feet to Lichtsinn and do the deal.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I completely agree with the above posts. I have never had a delay or wrong part from Lichtsinn. Prices are competitive or better as well. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone and everyone.

I called Ron Lichtsinn for a quote on a new motorhome about three years ago and their price was a no hassle price and VERY GOOD. Unfortunately, I was worried about warranty repairs at my local dealer if I bought elsewhere so I ended up buying local and paying more. Now that I am retired and fulltiming I will definitely buy from Lichtsinn for the next motorhome.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

These guys are the best in my book as well. Owning an older coach, finding parts can be a challenge but time and time again Lichtsinn parts guys have come through for me. For example, I needed some wallpaper seam tape to match my OEM seam tape. Of course, being a 1997 model yr. this exact tape was no longer in stock anywhere. Lonnie and Dave sent me 2" samples of all seam tape in stock for me to choose what matched best. I call that going above and beyond in terms of service and customer satisfaction. Kudo's to Lichtsinn's!
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I also feel Lichtsinn for parts is top notch. There parts guys know Winny parts better than most.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I agree. They are cheaper than my local dealer and, if they have to special order, they ship it to my house. The local dealer insists that I go to him to pick up the parts which turns into a 90 mile round trip. Needless to say, I do everything possible to avoid my wretched local dealer.

Everything that they have sent me has been timely and correct with one minor exception which they quickly corrected.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Add me to the list of Lichtsinn customers who are very happy with their parts service. I order all my Winnebago parts from them. The benefit to me is only 1 freight charge. I believe they pick up their parts order once a day and ship it right out to my door step. In previous times I had freight from Forest City to my dealer and than freight again to my door.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Have ordered several times from these folks and they are great. If I ever get a new coach, Lichtsinn will be tops on my list of dealers.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I like "Mobility" for parts--just sayin.
Richard
Old 01-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer View Post
If every Bago dealer was as good and efficient as Ron Lichtsinn and his company, Winnie would own the RV world. IMHO
Truer words were never spoken. I've tried Winny dealers in Bend, Oregon; Boise, Idaho; Springdale, Ar; Tulsa, Ok; Oklahoma City, Ok and Wichita, Ks for parts and/or service and they can't even begin to compare with Lichtsinn's group. And it's really amazing considering the small size of their operation. And the worst part about it is Winnebago claims they have no control over what their dealers do, which I find unbelievable since the dealers wouldn't have anything to sell if Forest City didn't allow them the previlege of doing business under the Winnebago name. My Dad worked for a GM dealer years ago and the dealer did just exactly what GM dictated or no new cars. I know in the last decade or so the RV manufacturers were so hungry for someone to sell their coaches they allowed the dealers to do practically anything they wanted, but they sure should take a lesson from Lichtsinn. Just my observation.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Good service at a good price is good, no matter how you get it. However, I've had several dealers tell me that Lichtsinn's close relationship to the factory extends deeper than just "geography".

I know, Winnebago doesn't have factory owned dealers, but sometimes family trees can be a little more "vertical" in a small town.

Just sayin?
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:31 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Dave has always helped me in a fantastic manner. Answers EMails almost instantly.