Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
George&Jan

Pantry rack not sliding all the way out.

Pantry rack on ‘08 Itasca Cambria slides out half way then hits a stop. For the life of me I can’t see a latch/release to allow full extension - I assume it MUST be able to slide out it’s full depth. Pictures attached showing “full” extension.
Thanks!
CambriaRista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
George&Jan

Another picture

ALSO here’s a picture of the lower track - nothing I can see to release beyond midpoint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71370676-2F50-4D49-AE2C-EBBF3C034AE6.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	170199  
CambriaRista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

On mine, if you don't regularly pull the pantry fully out, the 'sliders' seem to hang up at the half way mark. The way I've fixed this is to quite firmly pull the pantry out. Mine also felt like there was a stop, and I guess the two part slider is acting like a stop.
Stan
Old 08-27-2018, 10:10 PM   #4
George&Jan

Thanks for the reply Stan; I’ll give it a good tug & see if it comes loose.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:30 AM   #5
George&Jan

Stan,
Thanks, that’s all it took was a bit of muscle - just wasn’t sure & didn’t want to risk breaking something; still getting to know our RV.
George&Jan
Old 08-29-2018, 07:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thant's great. Glad it wasn't more than that.
What I try to remember to do is periodically pull the pantry all the way out. My wife doesn't usually do this, and the pantry is more her domain than mine!!
Stan
Old 08-29-2018, 07:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

George, I was just looking at your location,
We have a Holland town not 10 miles from where we live.
Named after some explorer or discoverer or something. His name was Dr. Holland
Stan
Old 08-29-2018, 07:52 AM   #8
George&Jan

Interesting... Dutch settles here originally. Nice area (we moved from Chicago metro) very outdoors oriented.
Thanks again for the tip - after I pulled out the pantry shelf, wife went at it to clean & I’ll apply a lubricant to help keep it from sticking hard - but best advice is regular use. Seems exercise is good for humans and equipment ;-)
Cheers!
Old 03-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but can anyone tell me the manufacturer of those pull-outs? I was looking at the Rev-a-Shelf wooden version, but prefer the wire ones.
Errant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:19 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Couldn't say what slide manufacturer Winnebago uses, but most full extension slides are made pretty much the same.

When we bought our used Minnie Winnie (it was in the rental fleet of the dealer we bought it from) the only significant issues we found were some of the drawer and pantry slides. As an avid do-it-yourselfer I have worked with drawer slides before and found nearly all were poorly lubricated, slightly misaligned, loosely mounted, and one had many missing ball bearings.

After just an hour or two I had them working like new by re-mounting the loose ones with either longer screws or the old glue-a-toothpick-in-the-oversize-hole trick, partial disassembly and reassembly with adequate lubrication, realigned as necessary, and went to the hardware store to buy ball bearings to replace the missing ones.

If perchance someone doesn't know how to remove a drawer with full extension slides, pull the drawer out as far as it will go. At the joint where the track segment mounted on the drawer slides into the next segment, there should be a small plastic piece (usually black) protruding from the second segment. Pushing down or lifting up (seems to vary by manufacturer) that plastic piece should release the first slide from the second. Of course you have to do both sides at the same time. When working with both slides (left and right) simultaneously, those releases normally work opposite of each other. In other words push one down while lifting the other up.

After making the necessary repairs, reinstall the drawer by simply lining the slide sections up and pushing the drawer all the way in. Usually the only issue you may encounter may be one of the slide segments not lining up properly on one side. If that happens, simply pull that second segment out several inches (which gives it a little extra flexibility), then you can manually guide the segments together.

I hope that all made sense!
Old 03-30-2019, 09:26 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Just visiting the site this a.m. and saw the ''pantry'' fix. Mine was stuck also when I got it so I thought that it was built that way. Walked over gave it a good yank and out it came. Oiled all the sliders and now it's good to go. Thanks.
tommyd is offline   Reply With Quote