Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hey guy's, I need an idea for sme pads for the jacks that will help in sandy spots. I leave for Myrtle Beach next week and think I might need something to help out.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hey guy's, I need an idea for sme pads for the jacks that will help in sandy spots. I leave for Myrtle Beach next week and think I might need something to help out.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Jon, I use 18" squares of 3/4" plywood. I have a friend who recently bought a set of large yellow plastic pads. Don't know what they're called or where he got them.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The sand at MB campgrounds is hard as a rock but if you want something stop at Lowes or Home Depot. They have 2 sq ft pieces of Wormorized plywood for $3.99. Have them rip one into 4 - one foot squares. Ripping is free.

Drill 3/8" holes in opposite corners of the boards and use your awning hook to position and remove.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
GG1
Winnie-Wise

2 1x12 boards screwed together make sure the wood grain on the boards is opposing each other. Use 1/4 in rope attached to the boards to pull them out when leaving.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Jon: If you have time check out the thick plastic cutting boards at your local discount store. Cut them to the size you want. I was told they work. Also, after my wood pads broke up, I was advised to assemble them the next time with opposing wood grain, or at least a plywood topper. Have fun.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon p:
Hey guy's, I need an idea for some pads for the jacks that will help in sandy spots. I leave for Myrtle Beach next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>For the most part the composition of the sites on the beach are heavily laden with crushed sea shells. There are some sites that are a bit more sandy.

The best suggestion I have seen so far is to go the FREDS or JOB LOT (etc.) and buy those 10 x 14 plastic cutting boards. Drill a 3/8 inch hole on center at the top or bottom of the board. Use your miracle tool to place or yank the board out from under the coach. (awning rod)

Have fun in the sun while at "Da Beach!" Don't forget to go and see the progress on the Hard Rock Amusement Park over on Route 501. It'll be open next year.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

We bought these DICA pads when we were at the Winnebago factory. Yes they are pricey, but will not rot and are fairly light weight. They are rated for 40,000 pounds.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks you guy's You've got several GREAT ideas, I've just got to decide now!!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I bought four of the thick "plastic" cutting boards at Wal-Mart for about $5 each. They are extremely tough, bend and recover their flat shape, and have a handle cut in them that makes it easy to pull out from under with the awning rod. I've been using mine for 4 years with our 40' DP. They work great on sand. They've been used on all kinds of surfaces from mud to sand to gravel. They still look great, even after one was pushed about 12" into the ground on really soft grass once!