Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much for your input. Sounds like you've done it all. I plan to take it in for a flush, and I think at the same time I'll have them check, and probably replace the belt to the water pump
Old 10-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Sorry, Mel .... new to this and wasn't sure how to respond.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergo27 View Post
Thanks so much for your input. Sounds like you've done it all. I plan to take it in for a flush, and I think at the same time I'll have them check, and probably replace the belt to the water pump
Hopefully that will do the job.
Good luck
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Gary, I think I can do all that you have done to get this thing finally under control, it's just a matter of me finally getting in there and doing it. You're right, it's a mess, but sure beats paying a couple grand to someone else, and then really not knowing if they did a good job. Thanks for all your time and effort in responding. Stay "cool."
Old 10-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Unfortunately, my gauge is not displayed in degrees, so I'm not able to tell you. A warning light comes on indicating the engine is overheating, along with the gauge, which indicates cold, normal, or hot.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

My father was a farmer and he knew how to fix lots of things. He taught me how to patch rectangular holes from the outside by making a "sandwich"

Suppose you have a 6" x 8" hole. Then take two pieces of metal that are bigger ... say 7" x 9" ... put two bolts (that are say 2" long) through both pieces with nuts 4.5" from the end ... and make several more holes both piece and put shorter bolts (1") through them with a nut tight on the inner piece of the sandwich.

turn the sandwich sideways and slide it into the hole ... when the long bolts get to the bottom the inside of the patch will drop through the hole ... rotate your patch and get all the short bolts inside the hole .... put some weatherstripping or caulk around the hole ... tighten down the two long bolts. Then put nuts on the shorter bolts.

This will give you an idea of what the sandwich looks like S is short bolt L is long bolt dots for spacing

| S .................................................. ........................S |
| .................................................. ..............................|
| S................................................. ......................... S |
|................................................. ............................... |
| S........ S.................... L .................S..................... S |
|................................................. ............................... |
Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Very interesting!! I'd like to have someone like that around .... all the time!!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Not only did he learn how to fix lots of stuff ... he was a very patient man ... a good teacher ... and a great father
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, heating