Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We finally picked up our new Sightseer 35J and had it in storage for a few days. Went out to check it out after a rain storm and noticed the drivers side exterior storage compartment under the couch is wet. I noticed a few others had this problems a few months back. Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to fix it? Thanks.
DSGEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We finally picked up our new Sightseer 35J and had it in storage for a few days. Went out to check it out after a rain storm and noticed the drivers side exterior storage compartment under the couch is wet. I noticed a few others had this problems a few months back. Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to fix it? Thanks.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Mine was leaking through the light fixture. I had to put caulk on the top of the slide where the wire went through to stop it.

It had been caulked at the factory but the slide had been closed while the caulk was still wet. When the sliide was opened some of the caulk had stuck to part of the frame and pulled away.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:47 AM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Our Store-Mor storage compartment in the slide-out has been water and dust tight throughout our ownership.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem. I found the leak to be caused by the two rubber grommets in the left and right corners not being sealed. After 2 trips to the dealer who said they couldn't find any trace of a leak. I fixed it myself.
Good Luck
Cappy
cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
Our Store-Mor storage compartment in the slide-out has been water and dust tight throughout our ownership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mine also. Knock on wood.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Had similar problem early on with store-more compartment on our Journey. Suspect it was because of the curvature of the gasket required to clear wheel well. Winnebago factory replaced gasket, and all's well...(incidentally they have a good system for leak-testing your coach...sort of like a drive-thru car wash where water is sprayed from all angles above, below, and from the side)

05 Journey 36G CAT C7
diesellabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:28 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Ours was leaking from the Trim just above the storage doors. I looked at our friends Newmar and Newmar has sealed the entire top of the trim area with clear silicon..... Sooooo I used clear silicon just placing a small bead between the trim top and the coach side.... No more leak! I also placed pipe insulation cut in half in the front and back of the stor-more between the black stor-mor surface. When you close the compartment door now it's finished instead of having a gab between the door and the sto-mor side. Keeps the water and dirt out and gives it a more finished look.
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:28 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

DSGM: You can easily remove a shim under the hinge to snug up the fit of that door. That's what I did.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone. I'll look at it this weekend and hopefully figure it out.