Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I believe I located the sensor. It was located under the front bumper. It's part number 10248414.

Can someone advise if it's a Winnebago part or a Workhorse part and where one may be purchased?

Thanks in advance...
Old 05-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I believe I located the sensor. It was located under the front bumper. It's part number 10248414.

Can someone advise if it's a Winnebago part or a Workhorse part and where one may be purchased?

Thanks in advance...
Old 05-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I would call

Lichtsinn Motors
826 Highway 69 North
Forest City, IA 50436

TOLL FREE: 1-800-343-6255

Every time I have called them
a) they knew the answer to my questions
b) when I needed a part they mailed it within 24 hours

Their prices are reasonable
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Our Thermometer/Compass is made by American Technology Components Inc. out of Elkhart Ind. Here's a link to their site:
http://www.atcomp.com/

A couple years ago when our sensor went bad I called to order one. The gentleman who answered the phone explained they had a minimum $15.00 order. At the time the sensor cost $12.00 so I told him to send me 2. He said "I'll do you one better" and sent us a new sensor No Charge
Old 05-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hikerdogs:
Our Thermometer/Compass is made by American Technology Components Inc. out of Elkhart Ind. Here's a link to their site:
http://www.atcomp.com/

A couple years ago when our sensor went bad I called to order one. The gentleman who answered the phone explained they had a minimum $15.00 order. At the time the sensor cost $12.00 so I told him to send me 2. He said "I'll do you one better" and sent us a new sensor No Charge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it the compass or the temp sensor that you had to replace? My compass is suddenly not working.
Does anyone know where it is mounted?

2002 36GD Journey DL
Robert Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Our temp sensor quit working. It was located behind the grille, just above the front bumper.

We also had a minor problem with the compass not always reading correctly. When I was replacing the VCR with a DVD player I removed the front TV. I found the sensor for the compass laying loose in the front cap, It would move around as the coach went over bumps and sometimes change positions enough to effect the readings. I secured it to the cap with an existing screw (I believe the one it was supposed to be mounted to). Since then it's been accurate.

Just in case I bought 2 complete compass/thermometer assemblies (with temp & directional sensors) for $10.00 each at the Winnebago surplus store in Forest City.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

parts update for air temp sensor 10248414

called American Technology Components Inc. out of Elkhart Ind. and they no longer sell the part???but the very nice lady told me to try the website gmpartsdirect.com which I did and the part number is a good part, it cost $7.61 plus $12.97 shipping. I then thought to google it and found it at rocketauto.com
for $6.93 plus 2.13 shipping But 2-6 business days delivery, so being the impatient type I called my advanced auto and they stock it for 13.99 in an aftermarket mfg.

So the short story is -- Its a GM part and looks to be universal from most parts stores.

Rick
cptdzl is offline   Reply With Quote