Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2005, 05:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

i wrecked my ultraleather seat cushion by driving with shorts on that had a velcro pocket closure. over the course of 5 hours it "sanded" the finish off the ultraleather. Any one know if one can purchase just the seat covers and have them profesionally installed? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated. Sure would hate to have to buy whole seat.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:57 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

i wrecked my ultraleather seat cushion by driving with shorts on that had a velcro pocket closure. over the course of 5 hours it "sanded" the finish off the ultraleather. Any one know if one can purchase just the seat covers and have them profesionally installed? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated. Sure would hate to have to buy whole seat.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

When we did the PDI in Jan. on our Suncruiser I found a very small spot on the ultraleather drivers seat. The dealer ordered a new seat bottom cover. He called that it had come in. I now can't find the spot in question so have decided to not the 400 mile round trip to my dealer.

Thus, have your dealer order the cover for your seat bottom. Or if you're in or near Hamburg, NY they have one in stock, unless they returned it to Winnebago.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Just the reason we have the fabric front seats and the ultra leather recliner in our coach.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Uncle T: Thanks for the reminder about velcro. Also, don't wear a new/unwashed denim jeans or shorts with the ultra leather. The owner's guide said they just might dye the leather.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

i forgot to mention in original post that seat back was also destroyed a couple months ago by the slide. it rubbed a hole into the "leather". Never should have ordered those seats. Dealer is checking into possibility of ordering new covers.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #7

Don't overlook the potential of automotive trim shops. This is their specialty, and some of them possess the skill and knowledge to save you a whole lot of bucks on a seemingly impossible situation.
Stan Birch is offline   Reply With Quote