Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Ordering Winnebago specific parts???

My DW put a nice dent in our outdoor TV door with my zero turn lawn mower. Messed up the paint as well. I found the part number located on the sticker placed on the inside of the door. Other than my local dealer that I do not get along with is there any options some have used to purchase Winnebago specific parts? I have looked online and I had information overload. Too many options actually. I do not mind paying a little extra knowing I am dealing with a reputable company. I have been burnt before ordering stuff online. It is almost impossible to know who is going to take advantage of the consumer anymore when ordering from online vendors. Thanks in advance. SM.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would recommend Lichtsinn Motors just down the road from Winnebago in Forest City. They have an excellent reputation as a parts supplier and I've personally had good experiences with them.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moechester View Post
My DW put a nice dent in our outdoor TV door with my zero turn lawn mower. Messed up the paint as well. I found the part number located on the sticker placed on the inside of the door. Other than my local dealer that I do not get along with is there any options some have used to purchase Winnebago specific parts? I have looked online and I had information overload. Too many options actually. I do not mind paying a little extra knowing I am dealing with a reputable company. I have been burnt before ordering stuff online. It is almost impossible to know who is going to take advantage of the consumer anymore when ordering from online vendors. Thanks in advance. SM.
I would take some pictures and visit a few local body shops. I'm guessing if the damage isn't too severe a good body shop can repair the existing door.

We had a problem with one of the fiberglass tail light housings on our 2001 Adventurer. I removed it, took it to a local body shop and had it repaired.

We currently have a dent in a storage compartment door of our 2013 Adventurer. I have taken pictures and will visit a local body shop this coming week. Assuming the dent isn't so severe the door skin needs to be replaced I plan to just remove the door so the coach can remain in the garage.

In this particular incident a piece of brush fell off a truck on I 80. The truck in front of us was able to avoid it but we weren't so lucky. It broke and one of the pieces hit the storage compartment door.

I would expect the cost to repair the existing panel would be far less than replacing either the door skin or the complete door. Since the coach is painted after assembly each paint job is somewhat unique. If the door can be repaired the shop can match the existing paint scheme exactly. If the door or skin has to be replaced they'll need the entire coach to match the curves and lines as they pass from one panel to the next.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I messed up a bay door on a Monaco Dynasty some years ago. Lazydays took care of it (new door entirely, in part because it is aluminum, which is hard to repair if significantly altered). It was a long, expensive process, but perfect when finished.
Good luck. I agree that if the damage is not too significant a local body shop may be your best bet. Certainly not CW.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I wonder if you can order a painted panel. Would it be possible to remove the door and take it to a body shop?

Lichtsinn Motors is a good choice. 800 343 6255

You can also call Winnebago and order direct from them. 800 537 1885

Another source to try is Mobility Parts. The internet address for Mobility Parts is WinnebagoParts.com.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I was unfortunate enough to have my neighbor at my storage lot, backed his horse trailer into one of my basement doors. Took the MH to a local RV shop, that does perform body work (it is amazing the number of MHs I saw there that got to close to some immovable object (typically at the toll booths)). He ordered a new door, and repainted it based on computer paint matching of the existing paint (takes care of any fading that may exist). Can't tell any difference in the paint. That model is still in production, so it shouldn't be to hard to get the replacement door. Good Luck
Old 10-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

+1 on the body shop option. I damaged one of mine and if I recall correctly, it was several hundred dollars to replace and would then have to be painted. When I got it back from the body shop, it was as good as new and the paint added was a perfect match. If you go that route, download the Winnebago paint info for your coach. It is a great help for the body shop matching the colors. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Ordering Winnebago specific parts???

I crunched 2 of my basement doors on my sightseer a year ago. Contacted Lichstinn and ordered replacements. Took a few weeks.

Not cheap but correct, they ran $750 each. Had a shop paint them. They looked so good I ended up re painting the rest of the lower coach.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1477770510.347879.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	142975

Bill
2007 Sightseer 35j
Old 10-31-2016, 07:29 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the replies. I do know a very good body shop. I have contacted them and set up an appointment. I checked with Lichtsinn via an Email request. Waiting on the response. I checked with Winnebagoparts.com as well. I also found out the door will need to be painted to match.

How does one download the paint information on my coach?

Thanks to all for your insight and help.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:39 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

The paint code info from Winnebago looks like it was discontinued with the 2014 model year. It is on the Winn web site under "Resources". You might want to have a look at it for earlier years and see the type of info that was provided and then contact Winnebago to see if they can provide it for your model year. It would assist the body shop in getting a good match. That said, it is quite likely that someone on the shop has the skills to do it anyway. Good luck, the body shop should finish it like new.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Bob. I wonder how matching the matte black/red paint will go? On the damaged door the color is matte black, matte red and glossy black. The door will have to be painted regardless if I order a new one or the body shop makes the necessary repairs. I wonder who paints Winnebago coaches when new? Factory or an outside source?
Old 10-31-2016, 11:56 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

You can call Winnebago and they can tell you almost anything about your coach when they are given your SN and VIN.

Some bodyshops can use a computer to scan and perfectly match the colors. This will allow the bodyshop to account for any fadeing that may have occurred.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:02 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
I would recommend Lichtsinn Motors just down the road from Winnebago in Forest City. They have an excellent reputation as a parts supplier and I've personally had good experiences with them.
I have called Lonnie at Lichtsinn for parts several times. He is knowledgeable and the correct parts have arrived quickly.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:58 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, Gordon. Lonnie at Lichsinn actually got back with me via Email with a price and lead time on the door. Dang that door is costly.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:21 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

The last time I was at the Winnebago factory there was a company a couple of blocks away that did their painting. Some one said later that Winnebago bought them or owned them but I don't know if that is true.

Manuals and diagrams are available HERE
If they don't have your model year yet I would expect they will in the future.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Know on my 2015 Forza 34T - there was a sheet showing the color codes in with the small bottles of touch up paint. I offered this sheet to the shop that painted mine, and said they didn't need it - would just computer match, can't see any difference in the old to new paint. Russ

Tags
parts, winnebago