Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Optional Clothes Rod

Can anyone tell me where the optional shower clothes rod that supposedly came with my newly acquired 2002 Winnebago Brave 32V might be stored?

Thanks!
Kneticnrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Lowes or Home Depot !
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneticnrg View Post
Can anyone tell me where the optional shower clothes rod that supposedly came with my newly acquired 2002 Winnebago Brave 32V might be stored?

Thanks!
Are you looking for it, but can't find it, or are you looking for a place to store it?

If you're looking for it but can't find it the previous owner may have thrown it away. We didn't even know it was an option until we saw one at an RV show. The one we bought was extendable and fit in a couple detents at each end of the shower stall. When we sold the motorhome we were going to remove it and set it in the hall closet. When we extended it slightly we could see the interior was rusty and nasty so we just tossed it out. As mentioned earlier new ones are available at Lowes Home Depot or almost any other home improvement store or hardware store.

If you're looking for a place to store it, we left the one in our Adventurer in the shower anytime we weren't taking a shower. When we did take a shower we set it along side the shower stall between the door and the sink counter.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I am just curious if there was a designated storage spot for the original rod. This coach is barely used and I suspect the PO never even pulled it out, assuming it is stored out of sight. Want to be sure there is not one onboard before I purchase a new one.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneticnrg View Post
I am just curious if there was a designated storage spot for the original rod. This coach is barely used and I suspect the PO never even pulled it out, assuming it is stored out of sight. Want to be sure there is not one onboard before I purchase a new one.
No dedicated storage spot I am aware of. When we saw the one at the RV show we asked the salesman where it would be stored if we had one. He said it came in a package with other accessories like TV remotes, sink stoppers, and other hardware. When the vehicle goes through the PDI the technician opens the package and places the items in their appropriate places.

I doubt very many if any were sold with that option. We scoured through the sales literature and accessory packages to be sure we were aware of any and all options available. Even then we didn't find it. We did order all the packages with the bath enhancements and it wasn't included.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I'll assume I don't have one.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Mine stays under the mattress at the head of the bed. But that is obviously not a designed storage place.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

It was standard on mine not an option as far as I know. It isn't listed on any of the option packages anyway.

Mine was in the closet leaning on the wall in a corner when we bought the rig (new).
I put a spring loaded clamp on a wall in the closet to store it but ended up leaving it leaning on the wall in the corner behind the toilet.
We use it on occasion to dry raincoats and the like and often to dry the fabric drain mats we use when we wash dishes.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

OOPs...

Sorry, My dyslexia kicked in...thot' it said "clothing optional rod".