Old 04-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric2 View Post
I just want to pass along another tip to clean the drain holes besides the fuzzy pipe cleaners. I thought I had fixed the leaks (both slides) with the pipe cleaner but not so. This time I used a squeeze bulb (similar to a turkey baster) with a small hose attached and repeatedly sucked and blew into the drain hole. Amazing results! Dirt and water came out in volumes.
I now have this on my PM check list.

Winnebago Adventurer 38T 2008
I just had the same issue last week. Had cleaned the slide lock drains the recommended way with a long pipe cleaner just before we left our last location. Heavy rains caught us a few days after we arrived here in north TX. Water came in to the coach through one of the lock basins. When the weather cleared I used my compressor and about 20psi of air pressure to clear the plugged drain. Next rain was not a problem. Happy trails once again.

Your suggestion may be better than my method because it pulls the stuff out of the basin. My method simply fires it back up into who knows where. I will get a baby nose or ear ball cleaner and try it. Smaller than a turkey baster. Same idea. Thanks.

Rick Y
Old 04-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Just wanted to say thank you for all those that have posted the things they have done. Made some repairs and also have found that part of the issue is me not knowing how everything works. This site has been invaluable and I'm truly impressed with the folks who contribute. This issue has happened to many and I'm sure without everyone posting there has been many that have found it useful.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #17
RKL
Winnebago Owner

Eric2 Where are the drain holes on the slideouts? I see the ones in the drip rails but never saw one on the slideouts on my 02 Journey. Thks. Rkl
Old 04-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKL View Post
Eric2 Where are the drain holes on the slideouts? I see the ones in the drip rails but never saw one on the slideouts on my 02 Journey. Thks. Rkl
RKL, this issue is for folks with electric slide locks located in the roof of the slide. You have no issues to worry about. I didn't have them on my '05 vectra either.

Rick Y
Old 04-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #19
RKL
Winnebago Owner

Thks. Rkl

Tags
leak, slideout, slide