Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #21
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_and_dog View Post
I have not found any treads for pulling the unit from the 07 Journey (diesel) 36 G and I beleive you also have a diesel so maybe we can compare notes.
I don't have the same coach but I think they are mostly installed the same way
There is not a side door and I don't know how the side panel is attached to the coach.
The side panel is hinged at the top just like the other basement doors. There are a couple of screws on the bottom and perhaps a couple that can be taken out from an adjoining basement door opening

Looking under the coach I see approximately 7 to 8 ea 5/8 or 11/16 bolts holding the mounting bracket (they may also be 15 mm bolts). The A/C on my coach is "locked" into place by the underneath bracket pressing upwards. The upward motion is provided by two bolts (3/4" wrench) on the outer front and rear corners.
Air duct in back near rear. Lots of screws fasten the air duct to the A/C. All must be removed.
I read about using motocycle jack to grab and lower unit so I will position it first. I'm not sure if condenser comes out with unit It's a package unit. It all comes out together.and it is large so with unit on jack I don't think it will fit between lower body and drive way. I have also not located the power conectors. Power does not need to be disconnected......the cables are long enoug to get it outside the coach. Also, it can be run "on the bench".
jk
Hope all this helps you guys.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_and_dog View Post
Fire Up,
Mine is acting just like yours so I guess the next step is to pull the cool thing. It's a little cold here but the sun is out, may take a couple of days but hey, what the heck.

I have not found any treads for pulling the unit from the 07 Journey (diesel) 36 G and I beleive you also have a diesel so maybe we can compare notes. There is not a side door and I don't know how the side panel is attached to the coach.

Looking under the coach I see approximately 7 to 8 ea 5/8 or 11/16 bolts holding the mounting bracket (they may also be 15 mm bolts). Air duct in back near rear. I read about using motocycle jack to grab and lower unit so I will position it first. I'm not sure if condenser comes out with unit and it is large so with unit on jack I don't think it will fit between lower body and drive way. I have also not located the power conectors.

Any issues you run into let me know and we will compare notes.

thanks
jk
jk,
Well Sir, I certainly will let you know what I find. I don't know if you've seen dunner's great write up and picture display of the removal of the A/C unit or not but it's absolutely great. Although the one he works on removes from the side, it appears that maybe yours and mine come out through the bottom. I also don't know if you've seen all my posts or not on this subject but, the last time I went in to check it out by running the heater, it was all but incredibly quiet from the inside, not like it was when we were at Quartzsite for a week. But, when I went to the outside to listen, I could hear the slight "clanging-banging" of what could be maybe the squirl cage fan might be having issues. It's not overly loud though. You have to get right down next to the grill to hear it and it's a quiet neighborhood. So, at this time, I'm 50/50 on tearing it out or not. I most likely will tear it out just to get the job done and, maybe take a look at the motor bearings and if not anything else, lube them through the little doors. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Hope all this helps you guys.
Kix,
Thanks for the alternate answers here. The more I read, the more I'm armed with knowledge of what to look for and do when this unit is removed. Very much appreciated.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I just changed my bearings last week in my o2 Journey 32T. The only difference from Dunner's removal is that mine had a U channel bar under the unit toward the outside. This bar will drop down after loosening the 2 1/2" or 5/8" bolts at each end. Loosen those 2 bolts about 1 inch and the unit will drop down enough to slide it out the side.

If you have any questions you can PM me but I willl be gone all day today (Tuesday)

Charlie Tuit
02 Journey 165,000 miles
XL-7 toad
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote