Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Noisey vent flap over stove when driving

The outside vent flap is extremely noisey when driving. On other units I have owned there was a small button that was turned on the outside of the unit by the flap that prevented it from flapping when driving. Anyone else have this problem and what was your solution. My MH is a 2011 Sightseer 31e.
Regards, Moe
moejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi moejean
My 2003 Sightseer does the same thing. When I bring in fresh air at the cab, it usually quits making clapping noises..
garyspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspang View Post
Hi moejean
My 2003 Sightseer does the same thing. When I bring in fresh air at the cab, it usually quits making clapping noises..
Had the same thing found another flap inside between outside & fan, my simple fix before road stufff paper towels in loosely
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Hi Moe,
I fixed my noisy vent flap with a small piece of black foam rubber. When temps are mild, I wedge the flap so that it is always open. If it is real hot or cold I wedge it closed.

My kitchen vent is on the drivers side and it usually only flaps when a semi-truck is passing me....then it's like a early warning system and I kind of got used to liking the sound that a truck is approaching.

Its when the desert wind picks up and gusts keep that damn thing banging, is when I'll get the ladder and stuff the rubber in the vent.

Happy trails and quite nights,
Bill
Old 03-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

In my old trailer I would put the sponge that I clean the grill wit in there. Makes a great storage location.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I tried putting small magnets on each side, and while that kept the flap closed, the microwave fan was not powerful enough to force it open. Now, I stuff a rag into the vent using the window awning pull wand. When I get to the RV park, the wand makes it easy to pull it out.

Still, on a 42' luxury coach, there should be a better way!

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I placed a piece of self-adhesive Velcro (just the fuzzy side) on the vent flap. This keeps it open slightly and when the vent "flaps" it strikes the Velcro silently. Your success may vary.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent