Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Noise under stove. I think.

Just picked up a 2004 Adventurer 35U. Its sitting at home plugged in with nothing on that I know of. A couple times I was inside and I heard what sounds like a fan or maybe a pump run some cycle. What ever it is it runs a bit then shuts off. A friend heard it as well so I confirmed I wasn't hearing things. It sounds to be coming from the area under the stove or near the fridge. I looked in the compartment outside in that area and see nothing that could make such a noise. New to this unit so does anyone know what this might be?

Craig
cef2lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Converter. Charging your coach batteries.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Good to know. You can't really hear it unless all else it quiet. Still learning all the ins and out of this unit.

Dealer has a jack ordered to correct a no retraction issue. I figured there shop must be busy as I wouldn't think getting a part would take almost a month. Been reading about jack issues so I hope this isn't the begining of future issues.

I also had read about the 'vent kit' for the 8.1. Mine doesn't have one. If one wanted to add one, and I know I could do it, where do you get the kit?

When it goes back in for the jack issue I have a couple other items on a list for them to address.

1. The front engine hood doesn't sit flat with body on top. Tried to adjust but made it worse. Not sure if this isn't just a best effort adjustment.

2. One of the grille mount plates came loose from the plastic bumper and looks to be glued on. Hope they can glue it back on with whatever would be used.

3. THe headlight lens are hazy or clouded. They said they are going to try a process they use. I hear these headlights are from an '03 Impala. Will see what they come up with on this.

Overall very happy with the upgrade from past MH.

Craig
Old 06-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Could be coach water pump which would mean you have a small air leak in that system.
JBroadaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I thought about water pump but I made sure pump was off. While noise was active I went to pump to right of entry door and it was off. And the water system is empty now and not attached to city water.

The fridge, oven and hot water tank is off that I know of. I was wondering where the charger/converter is located now that I think of it. AC line attaches back MH drivers side compartment. I thought the charger/converter was back there.

Craig
Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I don't have a Winnebago, but I'm agreeing with DonavonP saying it's probably your converter. Our converter is visible in an outside storage bay that's next to the oven. Ours makes a low humming sound as it cycles.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Our Adventurer has a removable drawer under the stove. When you take out the drawer you can plainly see the converter/battery charger. The fan comes on when the unit is charging the house batteries.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, I'll take a look under the stove.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Pulled drawer. Sure enough. It was the charger/converter. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Plastic headlight lens that have hazed over can usually be polished out. kits are sold for this purpose at any auto parts store however I find that scratch remover polish for clear coat paint does a better job faster. Don't wait to polish lens after they are fogged over but polish as soon as slight hazing is noticed.
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I will see how the dealers detail shop makes out trying to clear up the lens. They said they have a process they use. The third brake light needs some work as well. Appears to be a common thread.

Dealer has always been responsive. Its why I went back there to trade. I said something about the tires on the Adventurer while they were getting it ready. There was tread but the tires looked original. Girl called and said they looked at them and sent it out for 6 new michelins tires.

Craig