Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I've lost all AC power to the entertainment center (2006 Ellipse, the 40FD floor plan, with the TV & components behind passenger's seat). All of the circuit breakers check OK, and power is fine throughout the rest of the coach. 12V is OK also. The plugs for the TV, DVD, etc, and an adjacent wall plug are dead.....is there a circuit breaker somewhere in the entertainment center? Appreciate any ideas.

Our blog
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I've lost all AC power to the entertainment center (2006 Ellipse, the 40FD floor plan, with the TV & components behind passenger's seat). All of the circuit breakers check OK, and power is fine throughout the rest of the coach. 12V is OK also. The plugs for the TV, DVD, etc, and an adjacent wall plug are dead.....is there a circuit breaker somewhere in the entertainment center? Appreciate any ideas.

Our blog
Old 08-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Ignition switch on? Probably a stuck relay for the TV-Ignition-Interlock.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The only thing I can think of is the House/Engine power switch on the dash?
Check GFI plug on Inverter and all outlets to make sure they didn't trip... I would trip them and reset.
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I assume your entertainment center is similar to mine and therefore the components aren't controled by the ignition switch.
I'll check my electrical schematic and see if I can come up with an idea.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Check all of your GFI's ...

I have two GFI's ... when either gets tripped none of the plugs on that side of the coach work ...

Both of mine are in the bath area ... one by the basin and one beside the toilet
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Sorry Keith: I don't see any clues on my specific (40AD) schematics. I tested two of my GFI plugs and neither effected the TV outlets or overhead lights on the slide. One was located next to the kitchen sink and the other in the bedroom. I couldn't locate any others on the interior of the coach and none at the outside entertainment area.
The schematic shows power coming from the inverter breakers which would make sense.
Also; on my coach it shows 110 connection in the base of the pantry cabinet near the sub woofer and another connection in the base of the pantry.
I'll be watching to see the results as it will sooner or later get me too.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

C Zimm - thanks for the effort. Tomorrow I'll pull the circuit breaker and test it; hopefully it's a loose wire or bad breaker. We've been stationary for a while & last night had some thunderstorms, but that still doesn't explain the problem. If I can't figure it out tomorrow I'll call Winnebago Monday. At least the plug next to the fireplace works - I've run an extension cord to the TV/DVD so at least I've got a work-around. It seems like every electrical problem goes back to the inverter. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply,
Keith

Our blog