Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Newbie Southern Oregon Coast (need jack leveling help)

Am new to fulltime RV living and although I love it, I am finding it all a bit overwhelming. I am a sixty year old widow and have some health issues that make life a lot more difficult than it should be. I have two beautiful grandchildren that I adore, but don't get to see as often as I would like. I am currently stuck at the Nesika Beach RV Park due to my jacks being stuck in the down position. Alas I have not been able to find anyone who will come and fix the problem. Will post on this site to see if anyone there can help me with this most perplexing problem.
What I have tried already;
1. Disconnected the wires to control panel numerous times and then reconnected after waiting for various amounts of time.
2. Disengaged emergency brake and reset.
3. Added fluid to reservoir before finding out this should only be done with jacks up! :-(
4. Searched for jumper assembly with no success in finding it either under the dash or behind control panel.
5. Turned AUX batteries off and on.
6. Tried to find someone to come and look at it with no success. Will keep trying.
This is a 2006 Itasca Sunrise 33' with a Kwikee 3000 Level Best jack system.
nanaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

:welcome:
Let's see if some Winnebago owners can be of some help to you.

33' Itasca Sunrise is the unit in question.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum! We're sure glad you joined the bunch here!

Sorry you're having trouble. Wish I could help but don't know a thing about that. Hope you find some help soon.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Every Jack system has an emergency retract system. On HWH, you open valves in the main unit and the springs on each jack lift them. On our system, we open valves and use a pump handle to pump them back up.
First, look and find the manufacturer on your Jack control panel. Then look in your owner manual; you should have a book on the jacks. Or once you have the make, you can post it here and someone will know the retract procedure.
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Have looked at the owners manual and it is no help at all. The unit is a Kwikee 3000 Level Best. I have not been able to locate the jumper assembly which leads me to believe that it is not there. Have looked behind control panel, under dash and even took the cup holder out where I saw the broken tape, but sadly no jumper assembly. Have been trying to locate one online but having zero success. Thank you for reply and I hope you have a great weekend!!!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Could it possibly be a fuse problem? Seems to me there was an issue of having a too low amperage fuse used around that time frame. I think that it's outside near the pump. Just a thought. I hope you get it solved soon.
Al

On edit it appears to use fusable links rather than fuses. Here's a link to the service guide in the event that you might find it useful.
http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/KSG002.pdf
Old 12-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Fuses have been checked and they were working when I got here although the Auto Leveling feature refused to do its job, I was able to bypass that with the manual option. But I will check the fuses again, perhaps I was checking the wrong fuses...do you know where the fuse for the jacks is located? Thanks for the reply and hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Did not notice the link at first but just checked it out and it is way over this lady's head...I could not even find the fusable link you referred to...will do another online search and see what I can find...thanks again!!!!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Sorry, I couldn't find the location of any thing to due with the levelers in either the wiring diagram or owners manual for your unit. Hopefully someone will come to your rescue. There are a couple of options that you could try. I'm not sure of their hours of operation but The Customer Service number for Kwikee/Powergear is 1-800-736-9961 and Winnebago/Itasca Service Administration is (800)-537-1885. I would think that there should be a mobile RV repair person in the area. I'm quite surprised that the RV park that you're in doesn't have RV repair contacts available. Sorry to hear of your problem and hope you get it solved soon.
Al
ps the jumper for emergency retract is supposed to be zip tied to the wire bundle behind the leveler controller as you've mentioned earlier according to another post that I ran into while searching.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Have you tried putting them up with the engine running. Some systems need the engine to be running when operating the leveling jacks.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:07 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

One thing that I found accidentally is when I put the coach in gear (brakes on of course) is that the levelers immediately retracted. Getting desperate here.
Al
Old 12-05-2014, 09:07 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

On RV Service Reviews, there is a place south of you that have 2 excellent reviews for;
Pirate Energy in Brookings, Or. Telephone #541-251-1323. Hopefully, they can get you going. Good luck.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Call the service fellows at Winnebago. I have called and found them very knowledgeable and helpful.

Questions and Inquiries from Motorized Vehicle Owners
If you own one of our MOTORHOME PRODUCTS and have a question about it, we encourage you to contact our Service Administration area by phone or email.

1(800) 537-1885

For inquiries related to your current vehicle, service, or dealer inquiries, please have the following information ready when making your call:
• Complete 12 digit serial number
• Date of purchase
• Selling dealers name
Old 12-05-2014, 09:58 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Here is a link to a guide that talks about the jumper for the control panel.
http://support.powergearus.com/techd...1LBOpGuide.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Al and Deedee could be on to something. Some jack mfrs have a built in safety feature that will retract the jacks......should someone drive off without retracting them.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Welcome...Did you get your jack problems sorted out?
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:38 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

It is simply not where it is supposed to be so I have ordered another one through Brookings Harbor RV Inc. Should be here next week. Thank you for your reply and have a great week!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:57 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

There is one mobile repair person for this somewhat remote area but due to multiple illnesses in his family he will not be available until after the first of the year...at least that is what I have heard, so will try contacting him again when he returns to the area. Thank you so much for your reply! I hope you have a wonderful week!!!
Old 12-10-2014, 06:00 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

I will try giving them a call after I try the suggestion by another poster to put the coach in gear to see if that retracts the jacks. Thanks so much for your reply! Hope you have an enjoyable week!!!
Old 12-10-2014, 06:02 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Yes, running multiple times and once just in the ACC mode...but it was a no go. Thank you for your reply! Hope you have a wonderful week!!!

Tags