Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Been under our 2012 Vista a few times, no rust except where parts have been welded.....and the bolts on the Ford Frame are rusted a little. I am surprised that Ford or Winnebago does not hot wax dip the chassis. My last two diesel Silverados had a waxed chassis and no rust anywhere.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:34 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

How about water lines loose in the bathroom walls, leaking storage compartments that we had to seal ourselves on the road, a multitude of stripped or loose interior screws, entry doors that weren't installed properly, epoxy mounted brackets that fell off, entertainment centers that weren't wired properly, missing interior moldings, plumbing fixtures that had to be replaced by us on the road, the finish on some cabinets that look like a monkey with a rag applied them, weep hole covers that fell off and had to be replaced at our cost, storage compartment door seals that fell off for no reason other than they were not put on right. I realize that these are not major malfunctions but they cost me time and money. Maybe I'm too picky but I believe the MH should not have left the factory like that. I learned a valuable lesson from this. Do not buy a new MH in October. I made one short trip and put it in storage for the winter thereby effectively reducing my warranty to less than 6 months. The Journey that I mentioned had a large number of the same problems. I did not know the owner until we met at an RV park and started talking and comparing notes.
TerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I would like to add this to my last reply. We're in St. Augustine, Florida right now and just got done cleaning up the water that ran into the interior and onto our couch and dinette from the driver side slide. It just poured in from the molding on the edge of the slide ceiling. There are slide toppers but they must not work well enough. I pulled the slide in and took a look and it seems that the roof has a dip right about where the slide lock opening is and that opening is acting like a big drain into the slide ceiling. It's starting to rain again and we're afraid to leave with the slide out for fear we'll find a flood when we get back. This just adds to the list of troubles that we've had with this 2011 Vista 35F and that is why I said no more Winnebago products.
TerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJ View Post
I would like to add this to my last reply. We're in St. Augustine, Florida right now and just got done cleaning up the water that ran into the interior and onto our couch and dinette from the driver side slide. It just poured in from the molding on the edge of the slide ceiling. There are slide toppers but they must not work well enough. I pulled the slide in and took a look and it seems that the roof has a dip right about where the slide lock opening is and that opening is acting like a big drain into the slide ceiling. It's starting to rain again and we're afraid to leave with the slide out for fear we'll find a flood when we get back. This just adds to the list of troubles that we've had with this 2011 Vista 35F and that is why I said no more Winnebago products.
Sounds like you have a blocked slide lock drain. W
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry J View Post
Sounds like you have a blocked slide lock drain. W
Jerry J, please elaborate. My 37F has three electric locks on two slides and I did not know the locks even have a drain. Where / what are they, and where do they drain to? THANKS, Ed
Old 04-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I,m on my 3rd Winnebago since 92. They all leaked at the top of the windshield. My current 2003 suncruiser started leaking 3 years ago. When I had the glass pulled the rust was everywhere around the top of the frame. They sanded the rust and put an expensive primer on. A year later I pulled the molding and the rust was back. I sanded and primed the area and this time I filled the void with a windshield type silicone. My experience is many of us have slight leaks in the top of the windshield area and don,t realize the rust problem. Winnebago would do better by owning up to this obvious design flaw and trying to work with customers rather than attempt to downplay it. Still like my Winny but I don,t like the corporate spin on this issue.- John
pattcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Jerry J, please elaborate. My 37F has three electric locks on two slides and I did not know the locks even have a drain. Where / what are they, and where do they drain to? THANKS, Ed
I don't know, but I suspect you have drains like I do. Check Service Tips on the Winnebagoind.com site.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #28
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJ View Post
If you have slide locks like me, you may have plugged electric lock drains. Check here.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry J View Post
If you have slide locks like me, you may have plugged electric lock drains. Check here.
THANK YOU, Jerry J

Tags
winnebago