Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Barge View Post
I also put felt 3/4" square bumpers on each end of the solar shades where they hit the window frames to reduce noise.
This is a GREAT tip! I have some of those felt pieces, so I need to get busy! Thanks. That "clacking" when the coach sways is a little annoying.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
This is a GREAT tip! I have some of those felt pieces, so I need to get busy! Thanks. That "clacking" when the coach sways is a little annoying.

I used the loop side of some Velcro for the same purpose. The black and off white color was a perfect match.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
For those of you replacing the windshield curtains (specifically the driver's window and passenger window) with the Duo shades...how's that working out? I think I want to do that, but I'm not sure. Can you use the sun shade part while driving or does it interfere with mirror visability? Thanks.
I kept the original sun shades and curtains for the sides.

I shortened the curtain tracks so that they just overlap the windshield shades. Still have the full width pleated curtains, so they block a lot more light when only extended to the a-pillar.

edit: I see that you have a Fleetwood so your curtain may be different. I see no problem with MCD duo on the drivers side. I don't really like any of their solutions for the entry door on a DP. It's just too easy to slide the drape to exit the door.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
For those of you replacing the windshield curtains (specifically the driver's window and passenger window) with the Duo shades...how's that working out? I think I want to do that, but I'm not sure. Can you use the sun shade part while driving or does it interfere with mirror visability? Thanks.
We replaced the pull drapes in our cockpit with a motorized windshield & driver/passenger manual Duo's. No, you cannot use the day shade while driving. You won't be able to see the mirrors. Although we do pull them down some as a sun shade, just not far enough to cover seeing the mirrors. As a matter of fact, while the engine is on, the motorized windshield shade will only come down so far before a lock out stops it to prevent it from interfering with visibility.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
In the new Journey the sun shade acts as a visor and has a stop so it can only come down so far when you are driving. It is set so you can still see the mirrors.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:05 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
My windshield MCD shades are powered but the side shades aren't.
I reach up and pull either the day or night shade down when the sun comes in from the side. It's a great feature and does a great job of keeping the sun out of my eyes.
I would not be comfortable with the day shade all the way down and I find that the night shade does a better job of keeping the sun away anyway.