Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Need Help with window trim

I have a snapped string on my day/night shades and I can't remove the inside trim around the window to remove the shade and restring it. Any ideas. It just seems like it is stuck to the interior wall. No scews, brackets etc. 2001 Itasca Suncruiser.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpie View Post
I have a snapped string on my day/night shades and I can't remove the inside trim around the window to remove the shade and restring it. Any ideas. It just seems like it is stuck to the interior wall. No scews, brackets etc. 2001 Itasca Suncruiser.

Shouldn't have to remove the trim. Reach up behind the shade base and pull down in the back. It should unsnap from the 2 clips.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I just restrung the large shade by the cafe booth, it has a bracket at the top of the window that it snaps into but ours also had two screws in the top. After I got it finished and went to rehang it we couldn't get it back into the bracket and the top so we just settled for getting the two top screws in. It is a very tight spot if you don't take the cornice off.
Hope this helps.
M T
P.S. Our screws were only accessible from behind the shade.
Marguerite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

On mine you can release the day/night shades and remove them by getting your fingers up there and finding the release. Mine are held up by a "U" clip and you have to push hard to release one side of the pressure of the "U" clip. It took me awhile but I was able to get my head and eyes under the shade to see where the clips were located. Not rocket science but not real easy.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

OK I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the info.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
Old 08-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Blind & Shade Repair Instructions | Instructional Videos | Printable Instructions | FixMyBlinds.com

This site really helped me, thought it might help you. Just scroll down and find the RV day/night shades. The video is really good.
MT
Marguerite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I just came back in and both my hands and fingers are sore from trying to release the 2 "U" clips. The shade did not release fron the clips.
The left side string also came loose and now you need 3 hands for the work.
1 to hold the shade up
2 to push the non-releaseing clips
I will give it a break and watch the video instructions.
Thanks Marguerite66
Once the strings break the shade is real flimsy and just wants to come all the way down and unfold.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:43 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

great videos if you can get the shade out of the bracket. Here is where the trouble exists.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #9
GG1
Winnie-Wise

After you do about 6 or 7 shades they get easy you just need to go slow and be patient
Old 08-07-2014, 03:59 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

They must use cheaper string in the Ellipse than the Suncruiser!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #11
GG1
Winnie-Wise

More windows
Old 08-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I'm still waiting for someone who knows how to remove the valance's from around the window to chime in and give us the secret!

I tried to get mine down first to make the job easier but, couldn't.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #13
GG1
Winnie-Wise

The shade is mounted inside the valance don't remove the valance unless you are totally replacing them. Use a cordless power screwdriver it helps if the screwdriver has a light built in, use a long extension bit 6 inches or longer. Usually there is a screw on each end of the shade the shade must be open or down all the way to access the screws. After the screws are out and with shade down all the way feel behind the shade (the side toward the window) you will feel a tab push up on the tab and the shade should drop out. Once the shade is out look at the top of the shade note that the top that fits against the valance is slotted along both edges from side to side. The small bracket that is inside of the valance that you had to push up on has an end similar to a flat head screwdriver that fits into the top edge or long slot of the shade. When installing the shade put the thin edge if the bracket into the slot on top of the shade and snap the back of the shade up ino the bracket. When the shade is in the bracket it will slide to the left or right to so you can center it then install the screws withn the power screwdriver. That s the easy part
Old 08-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

The valance can be removed by removing a couple of screws near the ends of the valance but the screws are well hidden by the material, at least on mine.

Once I found the screws it was easy.

Jerry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #15
KIX
Winnebago Master

Winnebago / Itasca used a lot of velcro. From the inside of the coach looking out the window..........the vertical strips on left and right sides of lambrequin (window covering) are attached with velcro. Simply peel them off and then remove screws that hold the lambrequin to the wall. There are also screws into the top of the lambrequin. The shades are attached to the lanbrequin so when you remove the lambrequin the shade will come with it.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:25 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

I wondered about screws in the top of the lambrequim but could never find them. Next time I have to remove the shade for work I'll remove it. Then I plan to replace the in my case single extruded metal clip for three spring steel type that should make it easier to get the shade off the next time it needs fixing. I hate the screws in the shade like that!

Tags
need help, window