Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Need help - slideout question for 2004 Winnebago Brave

We have a 2004 Winnebago Brave RV with 2 slideouts - my concern is with the frontroom slideout (couch and kitchen table). Does anyone know if the slideout is a glider or if it slides out with rollers. We want to take out the carpeting and replace it with vinyl flooring - don't know how to find out if it a glider or has rollers - I guess new flooring would only work if we have the type of slidout with rollers. Would appreciate any help or advice from anyone who has done this to their RV?
Thank you so much, Darlene
Darlene77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Our laminate flooring project did not have a problem with either slides on our 2003 Suncruiser. The living slide seems to lift up off the floor prior to sliding. Also our carpet and pad were thicker than the laminate flooring I know the bedroom slide has rollers foresure and still no problem. Hope this helps.
Dunnpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you Dunnpe - appreciate your help and knowledge. I am really beginning to believe we have the glider and not the roller type slide - which I hear will cause a problem when we use the slideout. still trying to research more and find out if there are solutions. The quote we got from a dealer to do this job was so far out of our league we didn't even ask many questions. If it can be done, I believe we can do it ourselves. So glad yours is working well for you. Thanks again, Darlene
Old 02-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
KIX
Winnebago Master

Perhaps you could call Winnebago customer relations and get the real answer
Old 02-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Kix, I will give them a call tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Darlene,
If your coach is similar to my 04 Journey 34H then the portion of the slide at the kitchen which slides over the original vinyl is on 2 rollers that are approximately 8in long. But the sofa section that slides on the original carpet is on a black plastic slider (or boot) that is 4in wide and 8feet long.
The following link describes my replacement of carpet with allure vinyl tile in my coach.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/repl...nyl-89378.html

Hope this helps,
jim & debbie, 04 journey 34H cat 330
jimmccreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmccreary View Post
Darlene,
If your coach is similar to my 04 Journey 34H then the portion of the slide at the kitchen which slides over the original vinyl is on 2 rollers that are approximately 8in long. But the sofa section that slides on the original carpet is on a black plastic slider (or boot) that is 4in wide and 8feet long.
The following link describes my replacement of carpet with allure vinyl tile in my coach.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/repl...nyl-89378.html

Hope this helps,
jim & debbie, 04 journey 34H cat 330
Thanks so much for the link, going to follow it right now!! Thanks again, Darlene

Tags
brave, slideout, winnebago