Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 18
Navion Slideout

I have a 2014 Navion 24J that I bought new in 2015 . The slide out has 2 motors and one is not working , so one side will start to extend a couple of inches then stop because the other motor is not working. I checked the slide out controller and it gives mixed signals , 1 green & 8 red , or 1 red & 8 green . the warantee is expired . I would appriecieate any insight on this and if I have to bring it to the dealer any guess on what it would cost to replace the motor.
Thanks John
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 79
Hi John! Welcome to the forum! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Sorry I can't help with your questions! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner
 
TonyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Posts: 106
Hi John

:welcome:

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Happy Trails!!!
__________________
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi, Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy. TST 507 TPMS
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnff View Post
I have a 2014 Navion 24J that I bought new in 2015 . The slide out has 2 motors and one is not working , so one side will start to extend a couple of inches then stop because the other motor is not working. I checked the slide out controller and it gives mixed signals , 1 green & 8 red , or 1 red & 8 green . the warantee is expired . I would appriecieate any insight on this and if I have to bring it to the dealer any guess on what it would cost to replace the motor.
Thanks John

mine was 3 weeks old when the same thing happened. Check to see if they will fix for free since there was so many issues with the motors, etc.

If not the repair should cost you under $500 or so depending if the harness, controller or motor is bad. Mine turned out to be just the motor. I think the motor was around $150 and a few hours labor.

Take it to someone who has done it before so your not paying for them to experiment.
__________________
Enjoy Life! It's later than you think. Life changes in a second. There isn't enough time for cheap booze and cheap cigars.
NYBobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Hi John

:welcome:

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Happy Trails!!!
Thanks , we spent a lot of summer vacations at the Aztec Motel at Seaside Heights NJ
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
mine was 3 weeks old when the same thing happened. Check to see if they will fix for free since there was so many issues with the motors, etc.

If not the repair should cost you under $500 or so depending if the harness, controller or motor is bad. Mine turned out to be just the motor. I think the motor was around $150 and a few hours labor.

Take it to someone who has done it before so your not paying for them to experiment.
Thanks for the advise Winnebago did cover it . The slide cut the wire and they had to replace the motor ,saved $ 500
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 249
Always nice to have things working again and Winnebago doing the right thing!
__________________
Enjoy Life! It's later than you think. Life changes in a second. There isn't enough time for cheap booze and cheap cigars.
NYBobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide, slideout


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slideout Lock Not Working DavidC1225 General Maintenance and Repair 8 02-20-2009 04:40 AM
Slideout bearing failure Wicked Whippets General Maintenance and Repair 8 01-19-2009 09:46 AM
Opening slideout part way? FlyingW General Maintenance and Repair 11 11-20-2007 08:22 AM
Slideout Water Leak FLYTYER General Maintenance and Repair 6 11-01-2005 04:49 PM
Slideout Awning Replacement airborne General Maintenance and Repair 8 07-07-2005 06:27 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.