Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Mysterious warning buzzer while driving

Just thought I would post this in the event it happens to someone down the road.

We had left the camp site about 45 minutes prior to this happening. We were driving on I-5 near Shasta Lake in California, in the mountain stretch when all of a sudden we had a warning buzzer. I immediately slowed down and did my usual checking of items that came to mind. (turn signal not on, Satelite dish is down and locked, Fuel is not below 1/4 tank, generator still on, no warning lights on in the instrument cluster, Temp gauge normal, was not doing any hard braking so I knew it was not the brakes) so I stop and walk around the rig and see nothing out of place and all the jacks are up. I get back in the rig and start up again hoping that by turning off the ignition the warning buzzer would stop. No luck there, now I am settled down a bit knowing its not something major. But I need to find out what the noise is. I go back to my pre-start before leaving a camp site check list and go through all items. I turn on the Jacks control panel and see it showing one jack light still lit meaning the jack is not all the way up (it looked like it was when I was making my checks outside). I pushed the "Store Button" and the jack light went out and the buzzer stopped. All is good now and the event does not happen again for the rest of the 5 hour drive home.
Dunnpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I had a similar experience while traversing I-90 across Mt. Then I read the book and learned that you are not suppose to turn the jacks off after you hit "store". System will shut itself off in the store mode so that if any pressure builds in the line it will bleed itself off. Glad it wasn't something major.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

This has been a situation for a long time. Just be sure the retract light is out before you start driving. If the signal comes on while driving just touch the retract button and it will stop.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you have the HWH system I believe you should be driving with it in the "STORE" mode while driving.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Fasten your seat belt.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Had the same problem on a previous coach with HWH system. With many phone calls to dealer and HWH was told the system was OK this will happen when you get a difference in outside temps. Going from cold to warm. Don't know how factual the answer was but it was their best diagnosis.
russdiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Just because I care ..... remember, if your air pressure drops too far and your compressor does not "kick in" you will get a low pressure warning .... DO NOT ignore this warning! I never see this particular (potential) cause of alarm type sounds mentioned, it's always jacks or something else??
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote