Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Motoraide operation

We have a 2008 Sightseer with the motor aide option. I see a switch on the dash to the right of the radio labeled Coach Heat. It is a 3 position switch with middle off. When I set it to low or high, as I understand it, heat will come out back in the coach. My question is where does the heat come out from and does the high and low control fan speeds?
sightseers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Can only speak for my 97 Adventurer, but yes, the switch controls a 2 speed fan. I have a separate (from furnace) vent installed under my bed that pushes the heat forward. Heat is produced by very long heater hoses that begin and end in the engine compartment. First stop is the water heater and then moves to the heat exchanger/fan under the rear bed, finally returning to the engine radiator.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
JC2
Winnie-Wise

We have a 2005 Winnie Voyage with the Motoraide feature and the heat comes out of our floor vents. I'm sure you are also aware thet this feature also heats the water in your WH (if filled) so when you arrive at your camping destination the water is hot and ready to use.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

On my Sightseer the air comes from two round vents on a panel under the refrigerator. The vents rotate so the air can be directed where you wish.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Ditto, on my Brave, the heat comes out of the floor registers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

And my 2008 Winnebago Destination is different according to a Winnebago Tech. I noticed that the specifications stated it has Motoraide. I called two days ago and talked to a tech. He looked up my specific build based on serial number and said that I did have Motoraide. That it was to the hot water heater. Next time out I'm going to test that theory. There is no switch that I can see to turn it off or on. (??)
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightseers View Post
We have a 2008 Sightseer with the motor aide option. I see a switch on the dash to the right of the radio labeled Coach Heat. It is a 3 position switch with middle off. When I set it to low or high, as I understand it, heat will come out back in the coach. My question is where does the heat come out from and does the high and low control fan speeds?
My 01 Suncruiser had motoraide. The heat came out of the first floor register just aft of the front cab seats, heated the water in the HWH, and then came out of the floor register back by the bed. Best system any one ever came up with, except for the crappy fan set up. Fan speeds were high/low and off.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Wayne

You are right that yours is different. The others being mentioned are gas chassis and yours is diesel. Winnie diesel models have only the motoraid on the water heater while Winnie gas models also have a rear heater run by the coolant. ...mystery to me why Winnie chose not to put the motoraid heater on the diesels as we sure could use it the few times we travel in cool/cold weather.

Oh, and there is no control for the motoraid on the water heater. It works all the time, unless you choose to put a control valve in the coolant line.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Paul,
I should have caught that difference.
Thanks.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote