Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

More problems with brackets epoxied to front cap coming loose

Was cleaning the front of my 2015 Vista 27N and noticed the top of the grille was no longer attached to the front cap! It had 3 metal brackets expoxied to the front cap at the ends and middle all 3 brackets had released from the epoxy, still on the cap.

I also discovered that the rear flat surface of the right hood retaining metal bracket had detached from the front cap and was only still being held on by the globs of epoxy over the slots, it had become slghtly loose. Many of the globs were ready to fail, the epoxy globs had weakened to the point I could break them off with finger pressure.

So - 2 more 1/4" bolts thru the front cap top and bottom slots to hold the hood bracket on - like I had to do on the left side last year - I how have a matched set of four fasteners thru the front cap.

The grille brackets I secured with Eternabond tape for now.

Everyone with a Vista needs to check those hood and grille brackets periodically before something falls off !
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, front cap, problems