Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Monitor Panel

Tried to adjust the gray water potentiometer on the monitor panel PC board, but found out all except the LP potentiometer have been replaced with fixed value carbon resistors. It always reads 2/3 full also the tank is empty. There may be more like it out there. FYI

Vic (ve3ihk)
05 Sunrise 33V WH
01 Buick Regal Toad
AUSSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Aussi;

When ever I come back from a camping trip my black water display is always goofy. I use a spray wand and also use the build in spray and nothing changes. Some one a couple of years ago suggested I fill the black water tank 1/2 full and add a 1/2 cup of Dawn and take a 10 mile trip to slosh the solution around and drain the tank. Much to my surprise the gage was accurate after I drained it. Now when my black tank gage goes goofy I fill the tank 1/2 full and add the 1/2 cup of Dawn. I then fill the tank almost full and let it sit a couple of hours and drain. The gage has always shown empty after that.

I believe tissue collects on the probes and somehow the spray does not reach the probes. Filling the tank above the 3/4 level with the Dawn and letting it sit for a couple of hours must dissolve what ever is stuck to the probes. Try it and let us know how it works for you.

Good luck;
Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSSI View Post
Tried to adjust the gray water potentiometer on the monitor panel PC board, but found out all except the LP potentiometer have been replaced with fixed value carbon resistors. It always reads 2/3 full also the tank is empty. There may be more like it out there. FYI

Vic (ve3ihk)
05 Sunrise 33V WH
01 Buick Regal Toad
i used a bucket of ice cubes in the black tank and drove it to slosh it around when i first got my moho to clean the black tank sensors.
i use 1 capful of calgon liquid water softener from wally world at every dump to keep the sensors clean.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi Dan; and thanks for the tip,will try the chemical way but realy like your tip of the 1 cup of calgon in the tank will start doing this also from now on.

Vic (ve3ihk)
05 Sunrise 33V WH
01 Regal Toad
Old 06-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:

Vic (ve3ihk)
05 Sunrise 33V WH
01 Buick Regal Toad
The reason you have fixed resistors on your display board is because in 2005 Winnebago went standard with the TrueLevel system that uses non-contact sensors. Just as with the old style through the wall sensors, the new system can fail if the tank walls get cruddy enough. Anything you can do to clean the tank walls will help.

The new system is a lot better than the old style but as you have dicovered can still fail.
This is true of other systems as well. The manual for the Sealevel system which I think is one of the best out there warns about the problem.

From a Winnebago brochure:
" Winnebago Industries’ exclusive TrueLevel™ holding tank monitoring system incorporates Mirus™ detector cells to ensure
accurate fresh and wastewater tank level readings. Mirus detector
cells produce a microelectric field that detects liquid levels from
outside the tank. No more probes to corrode or clog. Just true,
accurate readings time after time."
Old 06-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

And my sensors work fine until I put the jacks down to level the coach. Then, all, including the propane and fresh water show full. Go figure!
Ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hi Dan; and thanks for the tip,will try the chemical way but realy like your tip of the 1 cup of calgon in the tank will start doing this also from now on.

Vic (ve3ihk)
05 Sunrise 33V WH
01 Regal Toad
thats 1 CAPFUL of calgon, not 1 CUP.
aloha
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Follow up on monitor panel; did get the gray water tank sensors to work by using Thetfort level gauge cleaner & flushing the system. Never had any problems with the black water tank sensors.
On to new stuff installed a Scangauge II nice gadget for monitoring performance.

Vic (ve3ihk)
05 Sunrise 33V WH
01 Buick Regal Toad, Blue OX aventa tow bar, brake buddy
Remco lub punp, Pressure Pro tire monitor, Scangauge II