Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Monitor icon

I'm trying to find out what icon means on our monitor. I've looked through all our books but didn't find it. I said it looks like n oil can but not sure. Coach just had oil change and all maintence work done. Is there someplace I can find out icon meanings? Itasca Horizon 2005, 40AD 400 cummins
Thanks
Bren
Upslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Funny you should mention this. When we took possession of out 2008 Itasca Navion with the Mercedes diesel engine in it, we anxiously took it for a 60 mile ride one way just to test it out. Before we picked it up, like two days before, the oil was changed. So, while driving along the dashboard oil icon come on. I wondered what the heck it could be so I perused through the owners manual and spotted the matching icon. Basically it said pull over immediately! I freaked out! Well, I checked the oil right then and there and the oil levels where right where they were supposed to be. So we continued on our destination. After a while the oil icon would pop on again. It was very unsettling because we just bought this and I sure as heck didn't want anything to go wrong. While the icon light was flashing and making its intermittent "beeping' sound, i took out my phone and videoed what I was seeing. I captured it real good. The next day I set out to the dealer and showed him the video. I told him I can't have that! So he sent it to the Mercedes dealer which was 50 miles away! They ran some tests and assured me that nothing was wrong and that it was only a "sensor" which they reset.
I am not saying that there is nothing wrong with your MH, I'm just saying that is what happened to me and all is well. Naturally you'll want to have it looked at also.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

No beeping or flashing just a steady icon . Hubby will check it out further. Just wanted to make sure it was oil icon and not something else.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Which book did you find that icon in if you remember.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

When you say it's showing on your "monitor" arre you refering to your backup monitor when it displays the coach info overlaying the rear camera picture? If so, it's coming from your Trip Tek system.

If it looks like a steady wrench or oil-can, it means that in the Trip Tek system's Maintenance screens it thinks you are due for some maintenance, like an oil change or something. Does not mean there is anything wrong, just the system hasn't been told you've changed the oil or whatever the alert is trying to tell you. Go to the Maint screen and look for a blinking line item and do what is appropriate.

See your Trip Tek manual which should have come with the RV.

If you are refering to something on your dash light-bar (idiot lights etc) then that's a whole different issue... a problem has been detected.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Ed yes that is where we see it . I did reset on the engine mainenice for oil when oil was changed. I'll check it again and see if I missed something.
Thank you
Old 07-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Well we went into the Trip Tek and found the Trans oil line flashing. Is there a way to get into it further? Only option I could get was to reset the miles shown which was 5100. I had the Trip Tek book in front of me but no help.
Off to do some google searches on this.
Thanks for all your help.
Bren
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Not sure what you are trying to do.

There are two levels of screens... the first level is where you rotate between "Trip" "Today" "Coach" etc stats. The second level is where you see the Maint, Maint Setup, Compass Zone Adjustment and several others. I think what you are asking (and missing) is to go into the Maint Setup screen. Not at my coach at the moment but I believe you push the up/down arrows simultaneously.

When you have the flashing line the only thing you can do is reset it. In the "Maintenance Setup" you can change the setting on the line items (such as alerting you in 4000 miles.) This way you can either "tell" the system when to alert you again, perhaps setting it lower because you changed the oil (or whatever) 2000 miles ago, or longer because you are using a synthetic that lasts longer than the 6000 mile default.

Again, remember this isn't a "monitor" for maintenance that tells you something is wrong... it's just a counter that looks at the miles and pings you when you hit a threshold.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote