Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Minnie Plus 26RBSSand Roof Leaks

I have been doing a lot of reading and research regarding RV roofs and what type of maintenance is required to keep our travel trailers dry and comfy for many years of camping fun. I want to make sure that my rig doesn't ever leak in the future so I am looking at alternatives.

I've determined that the Minnie Plus has a TPO roof (TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin membrane). People who have used EternaBond and EternaSeam have commented that they have had many years of leak free use from these products. The DICOR, on the other hand, needs to be re-applied every six months or so.

I don't know about you folks, but I don't want to have to climb up on the roof every six months to reapply a sealant that is prone to cracking and drying out.

The EternaBond and EternaSeam seem like semi-permanent solutions. I've read comments from users and consumers from Amazon and even on this forum and those who have used the two products say they do what they claim to do.

I'm asking those of you with experience with TPO roofs and EternaBond, or EternaSeam to weigh in please!

I'd like to hear about your experience.

Thank you very kindly,

John in Seattle
Old 09-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I've only used it to cover a roof to fiberglass molding. It takes more work to remove and the solvents needed to clean up any residual adhesive can't be used on rubber roofs. That being said once it is down it isn't coming up and start leaking. At this point with our 2106FBS I'm going to stick with the traditional sealants until I see how they hold up although I've toyed with using Eternabond to seal the roof to gutter joint.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Today find out front left closet with water in it, and saturated side of Murphy bed wood wet, along with a wet spot under window in left front window. Took to dealer said seam leaking on crown of roof. Pushed down and out came water from rubber roof edge. Now what? Mold in walls will happen? Will company repair we damge inside or just allow dealer to seal roof leak. Its 9 payments old 2019 2106DS. I did email Winnebago about issue.
PattyZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks, roof