Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2018, 07:21 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Like you all know, the Ideal Rest mattress standard on Winnebago coaches is like most of the sub-systems, Sub Standard. We threw away the topper and replaced it with a 3 inch TempurPedic topper. Very comfortable.
Clint11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:36 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailhooker View Post
Creativepart - We recently bought a 2013 Adventurer 37F and have yet to sleep in the King bed in the coach. It appears to have an inflatable bed in the bedroom slideout. Is this the same mattress you were describing?
Yep, we all are talking about the knock off sleep number-style “I-Deal Rest” mattress that came with our coaches. I have read posts where some folks like them, but have seen more posts from folks that really hate the mattress. YMMV.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:03 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

We deal with the Ideal-a-rest, but am concerned about the mechanism - I raise and lower the bed at least 4 times a day - when it quit and its down, can you manually retract it to travel - thanx
Hardroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Subject: mattress REPLACEMENT suggestions

Somehow, folks, we have gotten a bit off topic. I am happy that I have so many folks with similar concerns as I have expressing themselves. But, where are the folks with success stories about a good replacement mattress?
One can read mattress reviews and ratings all day. But I am never convinced that I am reading the complete story. Longevity for instance. I don't want to spend $$$ on a mattress that is only comfortable for a few years and then develops problems. This is my reason for my original post. As we can see from the many comments, I am not alone in this quest. So, please, let us all know what your favorite mattress model is. In my case, any standard queen size mattress qualifies. My quest is simple. Plush, cool, reasonably prices.

FYI: We can't afford the Sleepnumbers. Don't like the restrictive feeling of the Tempur-pedic. Not convinced yet about Purple, Casper, Lessa... Please post the good, bad, ugly you have experienced. (Those who have. Thanks.)

Thanks.
Rick
Old 07-27-2018, 09:49 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

I just installed a Lucid 5 inch 2 layer foam mattress on my existing froli springs. I have a 24J View so weight is an issue. I peeled back the outer and inner cover and used an electric knife to cut it to size and shape (for corner bed). So far it seems fine with more comfort than the original mattress that had splits, horizontal that lined up to my mid back and in the middle side to side, so the head portion could be raised - which I never used. The mattress still has a bit of a smell after being open for a few days, I'm hoping that will improve with some time.

The real test starts at the end of next week when I head out for my next trip.

$158 for queen sized from Amazon

At home I have a "Tuft and needle" memory mattress that I'm happy with but it's much thicker and wouldn't work for the RV.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I'm watching this thread too!!.. will be FT next year, and our '05 Vectra also has a crappy mattress. I am also not sure we want the FOAM or memory foam.. we kinda like the good old BoxSpring. just a GOOD ONE. and finding a 'short queen' from the major brands isnt always so easy.
-mike
CigarBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:01 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Maybe you can afford the sleep number if you get it through camping world. Much cheaper price. Great bed.
ADArv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:59 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Froli system

My rig came with the froli system
It works really good and tou don't wind up with a big ole thick matt under you.

Charlie N
1953Tbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:03 AM   #29
2016 Winnebago Navion 24J

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953Tbm View Post

Charlie N
I added a Froli system to my Navion 24J 5 days after owning it, and it made a huge difference!
MrMarog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:46 AM   #30
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953Tbm View Post

Charlie N
Charlie, I looked into this. I have storage under my bed. I don't think that system is designed for flexing like that. Besides, this air matters will still be uncomfortable. The air won't transfer the Froli experience to my body. I must replace the mattress. For the folks out there that this is an option for, I say "Go for it!" You are just one more of the many who have endorsed this produce. Thanks. A good nights rest is a must.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #31
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskron View Post
We are fulltimers in our '12 Journey 42E. The knock-off sleep number style bed was awful! I made it almost a month before adding 4" of memory foam from Costco. About 3 months later we spent big $$ and had a custom made mattress done for us. Since we have a good 11" foam mattress, which needed to bend to go up the wall, the manufacturer made a separate 18" piece we could use across the top of the bed. We lift it to avoid stress of the mattress weight on the wimpy motor they put in to lift the bed. This mattress has lived about the time they told us it would, but I still use the extra memory foam pad. It can get hot at times, but only bothers me in hotter weather. Just trying to survive! Wouldn't ever want the pull up bed situation again, just because of mattress challenges! We don't believe there are perfect coaches, or houses, but ours is our home and we are thankful!

At the moment I am considering the Lessa Mattress. The post on irv2 with this site, https://sleepsherpa.com/mattress-reviews/, has been very useful to me. It will be next month at the earliest before we buy. I am not rushing into this.

My '05 Vectra had a Sleep Numbers bed. It worked well for the most part. This Ideal Rest thing is a joke on us. And Winnebago thinks this is a good thing? No executive has slept on it for an extended period of time.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, advice