Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Low water pressure

I always see complaints about low water pressure but now it has hit me. I have been doing good but now with 50psi coming in we have low water pressure in the shower. At the same time I am hearing a buzzing or whistling sound coming from the area of the water pump/ HWH. Could there be a check valve there or some other fitting that could have caught a piece of debris cutting my flow? I am afraid to open any fittings right now. We are living in the motor home at a job for the next two weeks and I cannot be without water in case I break something. Can anyone think of a test I can do without opening the pipes? TIA....
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Have you tried shutting off the city water supply and running your pump, assuming you have water on board in your fresh water tank?
T00lman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
Site Team

When my pressure drops I go look at the cheapie camco water filter. It normally means it’s time to be replaced. I’m considering building a filter that will give me better flow.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I turned the pump on ThomB but it didn't help at all. TOOiman, I have a good Watts PRV on there with a high flow. Thanks for the suggestions.
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:30 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I started to have low water pressure in the shower only until it completely stopped. I had water everywhere else. I took the wand off and there was a washer with 3 holes in it. I took the washer out and it was night and day with water pressure. The problem then was it was using way too much water. I think a happy medium is to drill the holes out bigger and put back in the wand.

Not sure if this is your problem but worth trying.

Tags
water