Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2016, 03:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

low voltage reading on 2015 winnebago itasca sanova when lowering jacks

When I lowered the jacks they stopped in middle of leveling and had a low voltage error message. Now can not raise or lower. Is there a circuit breaker and where is it that may have tripped.
rgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Are you trying to cycle the jacks with the engine running? During the PDI on our 2016 Winnebago Journey, we were told to have the engine running while extending or retracting the slide and jacks.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

This exact problem happened to us last month on out trip to the OBX. There is a fuse 120A/125A that has blown. On our Vista 35F it is in the outside door under the driers window, some compartment as the hydraulic leveler motor and the external circuit breakers. I could see the fuse behind the "panel" of breakers so I had to take them out and then take it out and replace. It is readily available at an auto parts store. It is a bar fuse that bolts on either side, about 1 1/2 long, 3/4 inch wide. Brass ends on it and black in the middle. If I was smarter, I could attach a link for you with a picture.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:54 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

x2 on the 125a fuse. We bought ours at NAPA but they are on Amazon as well.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

We're would I find the fuse on a 2015 Itasca Sanoma? Can find it.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

On our 2015 Winnebago Vista it was in the same place as godsey97 indicated. It may or may not be on your Itasca. Use a strong flashlight. The circuit breaker is mounted on the underside of the floor/top of cabinet.

Once we found it we jumpered around it to get the jacks up.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 08-14-2016, 08:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
On our 2015 Winnebago Vista it was in the same place as godsey97 indicated. It may or may not be on your Itasca. Use a strong flashlight. The circuit breaker is mounted on the underside of the floor/top of cabinet.

Once we found it we jumpered around it to get the jacks up.
Can you please be more specific to where the underside of the floor/top of cabinet is?
Old 08-15-2016, 03:53 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I can't get you a picture but Godsey97 describes its location perfectly.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 08-15-2016, 09:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

What model 2015 Itasca Sunova? The wiring diagrams online should show it, but need to know the model.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Thank got the jacks up. Will have to bring it in to the RV shop
Old 08-17-2016, 04:33 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Tim,

I wouldn't trust/believe the Winnie diagrams. We were on the line with Customer Service for several hours as they tried to help us find the circuit breaker. It was only with outstanding effort by the Advisor that he found the right set of diagrams. He actually said it was a guess, that sometimes they put the circuit breaker in the location we found it.

I guess the assembly line just puts things wherever they want.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 08-17-2016, 12:31 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

On all Winnebago coaches, the steps, slide and jacks are all powered by the chassis batteries. Those batteries generally have less capacity than the house battery bank. Winnebago instructions call for running the engine when you are operating the jacks or the slideouts as they use DC motors. The engine alternator is used to power these during operation and is capable of putting out 100 amps plus at 13 plus volts. If you elect to not run the engine, you will deplete the chassis batteries quickly. As they deplete, the battery voltage drops and the jacks or slide draw increased current to compensate for the voltage loss to meet the power they require. This can result in a blown fuse and shorten the life of the chassis batteries. I think a lot of people do not understand the "why" behind running the engine when operating the jacks and slides - hopefully this helps.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
On all Winnebago coaches, the steps, slide and jacks are all powered by the chassis batteries. Those batteries generally have less capacity than the house battery bank. Winnebago instructions call for running the engine when you are operating the jacks or the slideouts as they use DC motors. The engine alternator is used to power these during operation and is capable of putting out 100 amps plus at 13 plus volts. If you elect to not run the engine, you will deplete the chassis batteries quickly. As they deplete, the battery voltage drops and the jacks or slide draw increased current to compensate for the voltage loss to meet the power they require. This can result in a blown fuse and shorten the life of the chassis batteries. I think a lot of people do not understand the "why" behind running the engine when operating the jacks and slides - hopefully this helps.
There is an interlock on my 2016 Vista 30T that prevents operating the slides or lowering the jacks without the engine running. However, there is another interlock which raises the jacks if the emergency brake is released with the ignition on whether the engine is running or not. This same interlock raises the jacks when I try to bypass the coach in motion interlock to play a DVD. Winnebago has refused to correct this design error on my coach.
hfbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Not sure I understand why you would have the ignition on when packed and watching a DVD. If you are asking Winnebago to bypass an important safety feature so you can watch a DVD on the front while driving, it isnt going to happen. I am with Winnebago on this one.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
Not sure I understand why you would have the ignition on when packed and watching a DVD. If you are asking Winnebago to bypass an important safety feature so you can watch a DVD on the front while driving, it isnt going to happen. I am with Winnebago on this one.
I cannot watch the DVD without bypassing the coach in motion interlock when parked with the jacks down. When I bypass the interlock according to procedure, the jacks retract. Are you still with Winnebago?
hfbundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, jacks, winnebago