Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

The past few times I've started my rig (cold weather), I get a 'low coolant' light and buzzer. The alarm sounds for 1 - 2 minutes then stops. I've checked the coolant reservoir and all is OK. I had the lower crossover pipe replaced last summer and coolant system flushed and refilled. I also had to add coolant when I had to replace my leaking heater core. I've put approx. 1,000 miles on the rig since doing the heater core.

Could I still have some air trapped in the system? I understand that will cause the alarm.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The past few times I've started my rig (cold weather), I get a 'low coolant' light and buzzer. The alarm sounds for 1 - 2 minutes then stops. I've checked the coolant reservoir and all is OK. I had the lower crossover pipe replaced last summer and coolant system flushed and refilled. I also had to add coolant when I had to replace my leaking heater core. I've put approx. 1,000 miles on the rig since doing the heater core.

Could I still have some air trapped in the system? I understand that will cause the alarm.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Check the level of coolant in the radiator - it should be dead full

It is very possible that the coolant reservoir be full (or at the correct level) and the Radiator be low - that's where the coolant level sensor is located

PHESPE
PHESPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I am wondering if when the coolant was flushed or what not if someone did not turn off the coolant valves if you have them causing air bubbles to get in the system... They or whoever did it should have but sometimes it is a mistake that can happen...
Unofficial Ftl Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

SMLRanger....2 suggestions: Try disconnecting the chassis battery to reset the ECM...this worked for me on a car...Also try cleaning the sensor electrical tabs where the alarm plugs into the coolant resevoir...if neither works it is probably air in the system which will eventually purge itself over time.....good luck....RKL
RKL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I too just recently had a similar problem on my 2002 Journey DL. Mine, however, occurred when going up a steep hill. Going down, it went off. Going back up, same problem. I pulled over, put 1/2 gal. water in and no more problems, so far.
Keith
PULLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PULLEY:
I too just recently had a similar problem on my 2002 Journey DL. Mine, however, occurred when going up a steep hill. Going down, it went off. Going back up, same problem. I pulled over, put 1/2 gal. water in and no more problems, so far.
Keith </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same issue with our previous 32T. The level detector was on the front side of the coolant tank, so when going up a hill the warning would go off. Add a bit more of coolant and problem was solved.

I don't know if the 330 cat is set up the same way as my 5.9 was

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote