Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Lost 110 power on the kitchen slide, 2005 Itasca Horizon AD. Thought it was the GFI, didn't help, replaced it, didn't help. Traced wires as best I could seems to be a series of quick releases or plug in junction boxes, which I am not familiar. Any specifics where I should look or should I keep both hands in my pockets?

Don, 70041
DonGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Lost 110 power on the kitchen slide, 2005 Itasca Horizon AD. Thought it was the GFI, didn't help, replaced it, didn't help. Traced wires as best I could seems to be a series of quick releases or plug in junction boxes, which I am not familiar. Any specifics where I should look or should I keep both hands in my pockets?

Don, 70041
DonGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You may already have checked, but.....

You will likely find that you will have two GFI circuits, one located in the galley area and the other in the bath. Often the bath will control some outlets in the galley as well.

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Is power source 50 amp, 30 amp, or Generator?
Old 07-05-2008, 04:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I looked at your Wiring Diagram and it looks like your Kitchen GFI is first in line from the Inverter. So if you are not getting any power to this outlet it has to be the fuse or the connection from from the fuse terminal in the inverter box. I do not see any junction box between the Inverter Supply and the GFI outlet.
Here is the Link to your Wirining DIagram..
Frank O.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonGee:

Don, 70041 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a Sightseer with a kitchen slide and had the same problem; I had to take it to the dealer twice.

The repair order doesn't state exactly where the repair was made, but I do know that in my case it was not a fuse, breaker or GFI. An electical plug or connection was being pulled out when the kitchen slide was pulled out. I looked after the last repair but couldn't determine what might have been going wrong, but haven't had a problem for at least six months.

I seem to remember that more than one 110v recepticle was affected; I think there were two or three in the kitchen area and maybe one in the bathroom, which is just aft of the kitchen slide.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Memory is a terrible thing to loose. I had a similar problem and thought I had a bad GFI in the circuit that wasn't working. The solution was something really simple and I think I was trying to reset the GFI without power available to the circuit. If I'm not mistaken, you need power available to the circuit on which the GFI outlet is on order to properly reset it. My problem was I couldn't get it to reset but I was attempting to do so without AC power available. I felt really dumb at the time after spending money to buy a replacement GFI outlet etc. Also, if you are powered by a 50 amp land line you could be missing one side of the circuit. Unplug from the land line and try your generator to troubleshoot.