Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> Has anyone else had an issue with the passenger seat on Class A's ?? The seat is pretty loose and rocks back and forth. I looked underneath the little skirt and the base is not moving at all. I didn't see any screws or bolts I could tighten. Any ideas ?? </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> Has anyone else had an issue with the passenger seat on Class A's ?? The seat is pretty loose and rocks back and forth. I looked underneath the little skirt and the base is not moving at all. I didn't see any screws or bolts I could tighten. Any ideas ?? </span>

Old 03-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Look under the wheel well. With my Sightseer, I see 4 nuts and the ends of bolts under the wheel wells.

Relax, drive safely, and enjoy God's creations.

2006 Sightseer 33T, W18, 8.1L
mis3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

My driver seat was a bit loose on the pedestal during the first year. My dealership tightened it up, but I don't know what they did. If the base is not moving when it rocks, I don't see how the bolts that hold it to the floor would be the problem ...it would have to be under the seat itself.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have had both seats get loose -- in my case I could use wrench, -- take off top nut -- tighten remaining nut -- re-install nut you took off and tighten (this is a locking nut) -- you should be good to go -- 5 min. fix

Bill
Old 03-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Shannone, As you know we are on our maiden voyage, but haven't had any issues with our passenger seat, but the driver's seat does rock a little. I'll let you know if I find a fix.

Eric
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Shannone, As you know we are on our maiden voyage, but haven't had any issues with our passenger seat, but the driver's seat does rock a little. I'll let you know if I find a fix.

Eric </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Hi Eric !! I check for new posts for you everyday on that "other" forum. How is everything going ?? </span>

Old 03-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

"Senior moment" I thought the back and forth rocking of my chair was a built in movement to smooth out the ride. Sort of like the seats in commercial trucks with shocks. Live and learn.

Thanks guy's for bringing it up.

Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

There is a nut at the base of the chair which connects the chair to the swivel portion of the base. Tighten that and you should be OK. Mine has loosened a couple of times on my MoHo.

Nick
Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Thanks everyone...Chad is going to get out there again tomorrow and take another look and see if he can reach anything to tighten.

It hasn't always been a problem..it just seems to have worked it's way loose after 9000 miles. It is getting to the point though where it is a little uncomforable and sure isn't helping my motion sickness </span>

Old 03-16-2008, 08:07 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil'Darlin1972:
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> Has anyone else had an issue with the passenger seat on Class A's ?? The seat is pretty loose and rocks back and forth. I looked underneath the little skirt and the base is not moving at all. I didn't see any screws or bolts I could tighten. Any ideas ?? </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shannone;

I had the same issue you describe in a 97 Adventure. I removed the seat and tightened the self locking nut mentioned in previous posts. I don't remember anymore how I removed the seat. I remember I lubricated the swivel when I had it apart.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Chad was able to figure it out this morning. He said there is a bolt in the center of the base that attaches the seat bottom to the base and that bolt had worked it's way loose. He went ahead and tightened both chairs and now they are nice and firm. It did need a special size wrench that he had to go dig up out in the pole barn...it wasn't one of the common ones in his onboard tool kit. </span>

Old 03-17-2008, 06:48 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Shannone thanks for the report back, that's something I'll log in memory if we start having issues with ours.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote