Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Looking for help on Lippert 2013 levelers, hose leak

Hello,
2013 Winne Sunstar 26HE class A....16k miles,,,just purchased..Noticed some tranny fluid on the floor the other day. It was a leaking red hose ( retract hose) off the leveler pump.
I had one made locally, I replaced and all was well. I happened to check the other red hose that goes from DS front jack to PS jack, the outter rubber casing has separated from the inner and had fluid under it...
Soooo back to the hose guy and this one was 6ft long...replaced...the replacements are MUCH better quality than originals.
So I decided to check them all...no others leaking BUT...the two rear jacks have the connection nipples which are 90's pointing straight up towards the floor of the coach.
Issue I see is there is only a few inches between the end of the nipple and the floor so the hose makes a VERY tight bend, not a nice sweeping radius as a hydraulic line should.
So any of you that have this system and feel like crawling under and looking id be curious as to how YOUR lines connect to the rear jacks.
I will try and post pics here if I can and would welcome you to do the same..
Try to squeeze the line ,,it shouldn't be soft or have areas that feel separated.
Keep in mind when jacks are retracted the red or orange colored hose is under pressure so it shouldn't be soft at all.
Im thinking they should have come off the jack with the 90 pointing down or straight so it didn't have to bend this much.
Thank you....great site
cvcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Typical the hydraulic 90's have a lock nut on them. This can be loosened the elbow rotated then the locking nut tightened. The oring makes the seal.

Attached Images

Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Ahhh ... ok
The fittings are called “ flat face” and they seat against an O ring but it does look like a lock nut against the jack
Thx I’d still like to hear from others that have this same set up and what theirs look like
Old 09-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Owens View Post
Typical the hydraulic 90's have a lock nut on them. This can be loosened the elbow rotated then the locking nut tightened. The oring makes the seal.

I wonder IF I loosen the lock nut should I turn the nipple to the right or to the left...to the left I assume would be loosening it or backing threads out of the jack ??
Thx

Tags
leak, levelers, lippert