Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

lippert slide wall

I have a 2016 Winnebago 39FB Destination 5th Wheel. The silde on the drivers side has a residential frig. I had a problem with the ice maker line coming loose from the frig and have resolved that problem. In order to get to the back of the frig ,the doors must be removed in order to slide it out far enough to get behine it. I have had to pull the frig out twice, and its a pain. I would like to put an inspection door on the outside wall of the slide. I cannot find any aluminum studs in the wall using a stud finder.

My question is , does anyone know how lippert constructs their long slides.
porchdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:21 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

For construction details I believe you've got to go back to WBGO - Lippert builds the slide mechanisms. I looked on WBGO's website for diagrams, etc. with no luck so a call to their factory service reps could help.

On WBGO coaches there is a small access hatch about mid-height on the RR - not enough to get access to everything - but an option if you decide to buy a pre-made hatch.

Let us know what you do - looks like an interesting modification other owners will be interested in. Thanks ...
Old 11-23-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
For construction details I believe you've got to go back to WBGO - Lippert builds the slide mechanisms. I looked on WBGO's website for diagrams, etc. with no luck so a call to their factory service reps could help.

On WBGO coaches there is a small access hatch about mid-height on the RR - not enough to get access to everything - but an option if you decide to buy a pre-made hatch.

Let us know what you do - looks like an interesting modification other owners will be interested in. Thanks ...

I have been to several websites,but have not called lippert nor WBGO. If there are no studs involved it will be a breeze, lots of prep work to cut hole, but very doable.If all elase fails, i will pull frig and explore wall contents from that side.
porchdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide